Senior Project Superintendent (Bay Area)
Company: Turner Construction Company
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Bay Area Main
Oakland, CA 94601 USA
Minimum Years Experience:
Position Description: Supervises the field construction of a single
large or complex project or multiple projects, including
organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the
work on time, within budget, and to quality specified.
Reports to: Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Primary liaison with owners/architects/engineers for the
day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Participate in project pursuits, proposals and presentations.
Main contributor insecuring the project during the competition
- Lead, supervise and develop Superintendents and other staff,
including providing input on or complete performance
- Develop and implement overall project set-up and site logistics
plan and identifying project-specific scope of work to implement
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules
identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled
critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to
- Review and respond to subcontractor schedule impacts and or
claims of productivity impacts.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements
at all times.
- Develop and manage the overall site safety program as required
and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all
applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and make decisions related to the performance of work
related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and
trade employee staffing levels.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact
budget, quality or schedule.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote a coordinated project
operation. Resolve local area problems, regarding procedures,
precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment,
schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and Turner trade
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and
kept current for the term of the project. Act as liaison to
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator
(SCC) in accordance with Turner's Stormwater Compliance
- Manage the General Conditions (GCs) and General Requirements
(GRs) (back page) for the project to maintain the budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP)
and oversee the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls,
material invoices, and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance
with and confirms to the approved contract documents.
The salary range for this position is estimated to be $175,000.00 -
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years' related
training and at least 15 years of building construction experience
required, or an equivalent combination of education, training
- Proficient in all aspects of building systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and
subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction
means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and
- Proficient knowledge of building codes and compliance.
- Proficient knowledge of construction cost control and
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient knowledge and use of scheduling software
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building
Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined
with the ability to communicate with both verbally and in
- Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the
required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent
and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel
hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under
construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk
and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction
work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts;
high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside
weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these
work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.#LI-SC1
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer -
minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: Turner Construction Company, Milpitas , Senior Project Superintendent (Bay Area), Accounting, Auditing , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...