Company: Micross Company
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Summary:The Senior Accountant will be a hands-on individual with
proven skills responsible for performing day-to-day general ledger
functions related to month-end close activities. This position will
generate and interpret financial records, reports and statements
for management, maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit &
loss, reconciliations, participate in team projects to support the
strategic direction of the business.Perform general duties in the
Accounting Department that involve the costs of business
activities, participate in the monthly closing process and act as
an accounting interface in coordinating and monitoring the finance
and accounting portion s of the enterprise resource planning
system, working within the limits of established policies.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of business
components/services, such as raw material purchases, inventory,
labor, and overhead. Recommend methods to improve use, collection,
tracking, and analysis of data.
- Analyze labor and materials cost data obtained and record
results in spreadsheets or software programs.
- Detail actual manufacturing costs and prepare monthly reports
comparing estimated costs to actual production costs.
- Collecting and analyzing data about a company's operational
costs, and Setting standard costs of manufactured goods, Developing
and analyzing cost standards
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing
factors affecting prices and profitability of products and
- Act as an accounting interface in the design, development,
coordination and functionality of the finance and accounting
portions of the enterprise resource planning system.
- Participate in the month end close by analyzing various
business segments and creating the journals to support the business
activity for the period. Particularly Payroll, Intercompany
activity and cash management.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates,
and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities,
and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement,
and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected
company financial position for other managers.
- Monitors monthly financial statements to ensure compliance with
US generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and company
- Prepare the monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
and any corrective journals required.
- Prepare and file monthly/quarterly sales and use tax
- Processing orders entries, Daily enter key data for sales
orders, checking data accuracy in orders to be ready for billing
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to
departments originating requests. Perform buying duties when
necessary.Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating,
disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties. Job
- Must be a US person (due to export control/trusted supplier
- Must be located in California-South Bay Area
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects
and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement
data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers
and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Keywords: Micross Company, Milpitas , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!