Relationship Banker II
Company: Cathay Bank
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work
ethic? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank - we strive to
provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and
success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we
proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve
your professional goals. We have thrived for 60 years and
persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members'
drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the
financial future of our communities. GENERAL SUMMARY Responsible
for primarily opening new accounts, cross-selling bank
products/services, referring customers to other areas of the bank
as appropriate, and resolving customer service issues. As needed,
will process teller transactions and provide operational support.
Process transactions with accuracy and efficiency while delivering
an overall professional and exceptional customer experience. Follow
regulations and bank security procedures to protect customers as
well as minimize risk to the bank. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS New
- Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all
- Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions
and recommendations and assist with problem resolution.
- Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change
of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and
other account maintenance changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information as well as
Bank proprietary information. Sales & Service
- Identify sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and
services to ensure customers' financial goals are met.
- Provide quality personalized customer service, maintain
frequent customer contact to expand relationships and ensure
- Maintain open communication with Bank business partners and
make referrals as appropriate (e.g. Financial Advisors, Mortgage
Loan Originators, Commercial Lenders).
- Proactively support branch new business promotions. Operations
- Perform deposits and withdrawal transactions.
- Reconcile and balance teller cash drawer.
- Process outgoing wires.
- Essential functions of Safe Deposit box (e.g. entry, opening,
- Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Assist in ATM balancing.
- Detect and report fraudulent or suspicious activities by
completing BSA reporting as required, Currency Transactions Reports
or Monetary Instrument Reports. QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in business, accounting or finance preferred,
but not required
- 1-2 years of cash handling, customer service in a retail
environment, or sales experience required. Banking experience is a
- Minimum 1 year new accounts, sales experience, or relevant
banking experience, preferred.
- Motivated to consistently provide our customers with excellent
service and help them achieve their financial goals.
- PC literate and typing proficient. Previous experience with
data entry, 10-key, banking software, and Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized - can multi-task, work well under
pressure and follow through on commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills -
can make personal connections, engage and educate the customer, ask
open-ended questions, listen to establish trust and build lasting
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer needs, provide
appropriate solutions or recommendations, and optimize sales
opportunities to new and existing customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to give and receive feedback to improve skills and job
- Able to work weekends and extended hours as required to meet
- Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- May obtain (optional) MLO (Mortgage Loan Originator) status to
originate mortgage loans. Must possess an active registration or be
eligible for registration under the Nationwide Licensing System &
- Able and willing to commute as required for business needs.
OTHER DETAILS $20.00 - $25.00 / hour
Pay determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience,
Cathay Bank offers its full-time employees a competitive benefits
package which is a significant part of their total compensation. It
is our goal to provide employees with a comprehensive benefits
package to fit their needs which includes, coverage for medical
insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance,
long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts
(FSAs), health saving account (HSA) with company contributions,
voluntary coverages, and 401(k). Cathay Bank may collect personal
information from potential job candidates and applicants. For more
information on how we handle personal information and your
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe
in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome
applications for employment from all qualified candidates,
regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship,
gender, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy
and related medical conditions, childbirth and breastfeeding),
reproductive health decision-making, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, genetic information or characteristics,
disability or medical condition, military status or status as a
protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any
and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact, Mickey Hsu, FVP, Employee
Relations Manager, at (626) 582-7370 or email@example.com .
This contact information is for accommodation requests only and
cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Keywords: Cathay Bank, Milpitas , Relationship Banker II, Accounting, Auditing , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!