Patient Care Secretary
Company: VITAS Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Patient Care Secretary is a skilled secretarial person whose
job is to support the work of the Team Manager and who is generally
responsible for accomplishing all patient care related clerical
- Screens telephone calls for Team Manager. Facilitates
communication between patients/families and other team members,
- Takes and keeps daily schedule for all team members.
- Attends weekly team meetings. Prepares agenda for team meeting.
Follows through on assignments given by the Team Manager.
- Establishes, maintains, and closes patient charts in an orderly
fashion. This may include but is not limited to the mailing of and
follow-up on all required documentation such as Plans-Of-Care,
Attending Physician Authorization forms and Medical Information
- Provides back-up documentation to Billing Department routinely
and as requested.
- Orders D.M.E. and maintains record of dates ordered and
- Enters patient care and volunteer data into Vx and event
- Communicates with staff and outside agencies as directed by
- When the program utilizes part time staff, the PCS will
maintain a list of all part-time staff jointly with other patient
care secretaries. Contacts and schedules part-time staff at the
direction of Team Manager.
- Jointly with other patient care secretaries, orders supplies
and documentation forms used by the team.
- Does routine correspondence for Team Manager and other members
of the team.
- Sorts and processes all patient care mail jointly with other
patient care secretaries.
- Maintains A.D.T. and checks census daily for accuracy.
- In programs that have more than one patient care secretary,
they will cover for each other for lunch, for team meetings, and
for other short intervals of absence.
- Handles other tasks as assigned by the Team
- Three years prior work experience preferred.
- Good typing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone skillsEDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalent required.SPECIAL
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
Keywords: VITAS Healthcare Corporation, Milpitas , Patient Care Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...