Technical Marketing Manager
Company: Teledyne LeCroy Protocol Solutions Group (PSG)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Teledyne LeCroy, the global leader in development, debug,
compliance and validation tools, is seeking a skilled, self-driven
and technology savvy Marketing Product Manager who has the right
skills to lead and grow a line of leading edge test and measurement
products for its Protocol Solutions Group. Our customers are the
Who's Who in technology world where their engineering teams and
validation groups use our tools to develop next-generation
computing, communications and storage products for a wide range of
products from IOT through servers and super computers.The
successful candidate will guide a team that is charged with product
planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including
gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements,
defining the product vision and direction, and working closely with
engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and
customer satisfaction goals are met. This extends from increasing
the profitability of existing products to developing new products
for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and
help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and
your contact with customers, prospects and others. You must possess
a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture
vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy
spending time understand issues and find innovative solutions both
internally and for the broader market. The Product Manager's job
also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's
overall strategy and goals, which they will help develop.You must
be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work
with an industry leading engineering organization and your team to
define product release requirements. You will work within marketing
to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the
product positioning and key benefits. You will also serve as the
evangelist for the product offerings, occasionally working with
other internal groups, the sales channel and key customers.The
ideal candidate will have strong current understanding of the needs
and desires of development and validation engineers with the
ability to take product offerings and develop a strong strategy and
market position against competitive offerings. This individual
should also have a curiosity and ability to research the latest
digital tools and a willingness to expand product offerings in new
ways to innovate, develop and implement new and/or updated product
offerings.Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies
- Define product enhancements, new products and expansion into
- Create awareness of the company's products and business
- Producing ideas for promotional events or activities and
organizing them efficiently
- Manage entire product line life cycles from strategic planning
to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by
conducting market research supported by on-going input from
customers and non-customers.
- Work with the executive team on the company strategy, product
strategy and roadmaps.
- Work closely with Product development team. Deliver Market
Requirement Documents (MRD's) with prioritized features and
corresponding justification and ROI. Monitor closely market,
customer requirement and product development activities to adjust
roadmap and product positioning to support customers and lead or
maintain market leadership.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily
Development/Engineering) through market requirements, product
contract, and positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working
with all departments to execute.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product line
and work with external third parties to assess partnerships and
- Be an expert with respect to market direction/evolution and the
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects.
- Become the organization's agent towards external parties such
as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to ensure on-time product
- Act as a leader within the company.Qualifications
- 7+ years of marketing/product management experience with proven
experience as a Product Manager.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills.
- Can be both an analytical and creative thinker
- Knowledgeable in Interconnects, communication, storage, or
Consumer Electronics technologies and their evolution.
- Experience in defining and marketing both Hardware based and
Software based products.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to
create awareness of the company's business activities
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent
- Ability to supervise a department and provide guidance and
feedback to other marketing professionals.
- Excellent people and management skills to both mentor and
interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and
- Ability to perform well under pressure, to set and manage
multiple priorities with minimal supervision and to generate
strategic positioning, performance and other detailed reports.
- Experience in working in an agile development environment and
pace, that requires
- Experience with design and validation tools is a strong
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document
delivered in the past.
- Minimum of BSc/BA in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering
or relevant field.
- Must be able to travel.
Keywords: Teledyne LeCroy Protocol Solutions Group (PSG), Milpitas , Technical Marketing Manager, Advertising , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!