FPGA Test Engineer
Company: Micross Components
Posted on: February 13, 2021
Micross STS is an independent test services company providing
reliability and performance characterization services across a
range of electronic components for use in extreme Space and Mil
The FPGA Test Engineer will work with engineering teams from
top-tier Prime contractors and Government laboratories to devise
software routines and hardware solutions to verify that such
components meet or exceed their design criteria. Micross
assignments invariably involve a small number of sophisticated and
unique components - primarily VLSI ASICS, FPGA's and various high
speed RF Components. This requires that the Senior Test Engineer
has a broad range of software and hardware skills, plus the
curiosity and mental ingenuity to think around problems.
The successful candidate will
- Develop and debug complex software programs to convert design
validation vectors and drive complex test equipment.
- Create and validate characterization and production test
- Test, validate, modify and redesign circuits to guarantee
component margin to specification.
- Analyze and evaluate component specification versus performance
to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production
equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis and
bin split capability. Proficiency with a variety of automatic
semiconductor test equipment, relevant software languages and the
various subsystems contained within is highly desired.
- In particular, an understanding of the integration of ATE
subsystems into FPGA and VLSI SOC designs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Architect, design, develop and test FPGA solutions for the test and
Develop high speed communication interfaces between FPGA,
microcontrollers, and PC.
PCIe Experience Required.
Plan, conduct, and report on the performance testing for new
Conduct troubleshooting and determine root cause for circuit
design, board design, and fabrication.
Verilog coding experience is desirable.
High Volume manufacturing process experience.
Comprehension of ATE concepts a must.
Familiar with 93K test equipment.
Experience with the FPGA firmware development process is a must;
including VHDL code development, simulation, synthesis, timing
closure, and FPGA verification.
Experience interfacing high speed A/D, D/A and communication
interfaces(I2C, Ethernet, SPI, UARTs)
Familiarity with current advanced FPGA development tools for signal
processing applications (e.g. Xilinx Accel DSP, Simulink, or Altera
Generate test software & hardware design on ASLx, LTX-CX, and
- BSEE /MSEE in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of one year of demonstrate experience with FPGA, Memory
products and design validation, product qualification and
- Experience in RF and Mixed Signal Testing, highly desired.
- Experience within the military/aerospace industry,
- Possess a strong programming aptitude, solid understanding of
many digital, linear, mixed-signal, memory, and discrete device
parameters, and test methodologies used in their measurement
- Experience Xilinx FGPA family
- Experience with FPGA implementations of signal processing
- Experience with Multi-Gigabit Transceiver design.
- Experience in C,C++ Programming related to Advantest 93k
- Strong in electronic theory.
- Familiarity with capacitor current theory, op-amp theory, with
transistor or FET theory.
- Experience in generating test vectors, analog, VOL and
- Experience in developing test vectors from scratch for the
- Experience in developing test programs from scratch for RF,
Analog and Digital circuits.
- Aptitude and Character
- Thrives on solving complex problems
- Versatile and tenacious; not intimidated in being repeatedly
faced with new challenges and devising solutions
- Independent thinker, capable of going back to core EE
principles to address a problem
- A good listener---motivated to learn from highly-qualified CTO
IMPORTANT INFORMATION This position is in an ITAR-registered
facility, US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent resident) status is
Pay commensurate with experience
Keywords: Micross Components, Milpitas , FPGA Test Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!