Sr. Mchanical Engineer
Company: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEIS), enables design
breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and
industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies,
along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships
and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are
proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we
value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy's
employees worldwide. Position Summary: Performs duties essential to
contribute to the design, development, documentation, and
manufacture of Advanced Energy products within the industries of
Semiconductor and Industrial instrumentation and solutions. This
person will work closely with other Engineering personnel and
outside contractors, consultants, manufacturing, and supply chain
to successfully create market-differentiated designs and products.
- Develop market winning designs, rapid prototypes, design of
experiments and own the design lifecycle from concept to
- Work with electrical engineers in the development of PCB
Assemblies that have strong mechanical interaction, specify
keep-out areas, determine component interference.
- Provide cost, yield and cycle time improvements of production
processes including machining and mechanical assembly.
- Support existing product lines though sustaining engineering
- Communicate directly with outside vendors or contractors
- Participate in Design Reviews and FMEA analysis to optimize the
best design solution for products.
- Work with team members to constantly update the current
portfolio as well as design and engineer new systems to compliment
- Assist in installation and commissioning of products as
- Simulation and modeling to validate critical thermal and
mechanical aspects of new designs or platforms
- Hands on prototyping using in-house tools and materials to
assist the design process
- Supports efforts for validation of compliance for EMC,
Environmental testing, Hazardous location rating, packaging
- Expected to travel up to 10% Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical design and
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team
- Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert with SolidWorks and ePDM
- Strong skills in Simulation (FEA, CFD, Thermal), Design of
Experiments, and FMEA
- Strong knowledge in material selection, including those for use
in high temperature environments, or exposed to Semiconductor
processing related chemicals
- Experienced in design specific to Semiconductor process
- Experienced in Optomechanical fundamentals and design
- Experienced in Design for Manufacturability and Design for
- Ability to create system designs, mechanical, plumbing, and
- Capable of assembling or repairing delicate optical,
mechanical, electrical assemblies, as well as ability to handle
standard shop tools safely.
- Produce detailed Models, Drawings and Bills of Materials,
Dimensioning and Tolerance Analysis.
- Familiar with Gauge R&R
- Solid experience with ECO process and
- Working knowledge of UL, CSA, ATEX, NEMA, ANSI and IPC
- Familiar with general machine shop practices, and sheet metal
- Familiar with designing and testing solutions for outdoor and
hazardous areas (IP 67, IIA, IIB, IIC).
- Familiarity with Vacuum equipment and related design
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (or
equivalent), Master's degree preferred
- This position will be located at our Milpitas, CA office.
Keywords: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., Milpitas , Sr. Mchanical Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!