Senior Firmware Engineer - Milpitas, US
Company: Corin Group
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Corin is seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our Global
Technology R&D, Robotics Software Engineering team in Milpitas
CA. The Robotics Software Engineering team develops advanced
computational modeling and data driven algorithms, enabling
optimized surgery planning and improved patient outcomes. We are a
small team with high impact! The Senior Firmware Engineer will
design, develop, and test Firmware for our OMNIBotics systems, and
will be architecting hardware-software interfaces and
microcontroller subsystems for robotic devices for joint
Corin is a medical device business with innovative robotically
assisted platforms for joint replacement surgery. Corin offers a
unique combination of clinically proven hip & knee solutions and
world leading technologies, our OMNIBotics & OPS systems utilize
intelligent instrumentation to give surgeons the ability to perform
patient-specific procedures with high accuracy, with more
consistent results and improved recovery rates.
The main responsibilities of a Senior Firmware Engineer are
- Design and develop Firmware for our robotics devices, and
implement interfaces with the robotics Software application
- Lead the entire robotics Firmware development lifecycle,
focusing on documenting, coding, testing, deploying, and supporting
- Work with cross-functional teams, Hardware Engineering,
Marketing, and contractors across the globe to ensure high-quality
product delivery and maintenance for Corin customers.
- Internalize and follow all proper procedures to ensure
compliance of Firmware and Software components and development
process with applicable regulations and safety standards (ISO
13485, IEC 62304 and U.S Title 21 CFR 820).
- Strictly follow Good Documentation Practices, and Corin's
Software Development Lifecycle policies.
- Participate in technology innovation and data-driven design to
enable efficient implementation of complex surgical workflows.
- Ensure high code quality through automated and rigorous unit
tests, code reviews, and adhering to Corin's coding standards.
- Create and update Firmware design specifications.
- Support Software QA, and verification and validation activities
to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, Sprint planning, Backlog
grooming, and routine stand-ups.
- Participate in risk assessment and relevant team and project
The ideal Senior Firmware Engineer will have / be
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or comparable
discipline) with 7+ years in Firmware development, preferably in a
medical device or healthcare environment.
- Strong skills in object-oriented design and C, C++, C#, Java
- Strong skills in embedded system design and development.
- Solid Understanding of microcontrollers, DSC, DSP, FPGA
- Working experience with MS Windows, and IDE such as Microsoft
Visual Studio, CCS, Eclipse, Netbeams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and experience working with
- Strong ability to rapidly code and unit test in a team
- Experience with source and version control systems and bug
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and
- Strong self-motivation and professional pride in your work
Corin USA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
are considered without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status.
Keywords: Corin Group, Milpitas , Senior Firmware Engineer - Milpitas, US, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!