Principal Engineer-Test Engineering
Company: Western Digital
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Company DescriptionThe future. It's on you. You & Western
Digital.We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years.
Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now
we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform
data in a way only we can.The most game-changing companies,
consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the
technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access,
and transform their data.But we can't do it alone. Today's
exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It's
You & Us. Together, we're the next big thing in data.Western
Digital - data-centric solutions are found under the
G-Technology---, HGST, SanDisk -, Tegile---, Upthere---, and WD -
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues using logic analyzers and
- Develop validation tool for system with components like FW,
PCB, ASIC and FPGA.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering departments such as
ASIC and FW to drive resolution for challenging issues.
- Develop FW for microcontroller unit.
- Develop applications with common storage protocols for example,
USB, UFS, EMMC, SATA, NVME or PCIe.
- Architect, develop and validate the controller and client
solutions for the in-house and 3rd party test platform on Linux
platform using Agile methodology.
- Responsible for successful production launching and communicate
technical product status to management.EducationQualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering /
Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related fieldRequired
- Experience in driver development
- Knowledge on i2C, SPI, SMBus, PCIe
- Experience in measurement instrument such as Oscilloscope,
- Exposure to the Agile Development Methodology
- Development experience with C/C++ and assembly language
- Strong problem-solving/debugging skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, self-directed and able to work effectively both
independently and in a team.Additional InformationBecause Western
Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an
inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a
sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to
giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity.
Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or
employee based on their protected class status and complies with
all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and
retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the
"Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.Compensation &
- An employee's pay position within the salary range may be based
on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant
education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2)
skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance,
contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6)
internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible
compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may
ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is
only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs
that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's
Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under
our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of
restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these
programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires,
subject to Western Digital's Standard Terms and Conditions for
Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid
vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance;
life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible
spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program;
other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and
AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and
hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin
Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan,
and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or
compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or
any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a
particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless
and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole
discretion, consistent with the law.
Keywords: Western Digital, Milpitas , Principal Engineer-Test Engineering, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!