Technologist, Advanced Memory Product Development Engineering
Company: Western Digital
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionWe are looking for a Technologist
for Product Development Engineering to be responsible for Memory
and Memory based platform development activities from product
inception to release to production.Responsibilities
- Be part of the Advanced Memory Development team and play a key
role in the overall strategy and development of advanced memory
- Strong technical proficiency with expectations of helping
define advanced design for test methodologies and innovative test
flows, development of product lifecycle management process and
tools for new memory technologies.
- Be responsible for defining end to end test flow strategies for
memory and platform solutions. This includes definition and
implementation of test coverage and flows including qualification,
development, and production.
- Provide and collaborate on DFT solutions which allow for low
cost and high product coverage test
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and meet or exceed
the memory quality requirements for end products to customers.
- Participate in designing processes for technical platforms,
platform specifications, input/output and working parameters for
hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to
the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or
- Resolve internal issues from technology development to release
to production collaboratively with research, manufacturing,
planning and business teams to ensure on-time release of
- Oversee test yield improvements and capital optimization, to
support low product costs and high quality.
- Internal failure analysis customer support.
- The individual will also work closely with Device, Design, Test
and key cross-functional teams and team leaders building strong
relations with technical decision
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Master's
degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the field of product development
- Deep knowledge of memory technology, DRAM and FLASH
- Knowledge of product test and DFT methods to produce
high-quality, low-cost products.
- Familiarity with product lifecycle management tools and
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools a plus.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have
demonstrated ability to work well with people
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team
and outside of the team. Ability to work effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, ability
to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
skillsAdditional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.Compensation & Benefits
- An employee's pay position within the salary range may be based
on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant
education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2)
skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance,
contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6)
internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible
compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may
ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is
only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs
that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's
Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under
our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of
restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these
programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires,
subject to Western Digital's Standard Terms and Conditions for
Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid
vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance;
life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible
spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program;
other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and
AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and
hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin
Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan,
and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or
compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or
any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a
particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless
and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole
discretion, consistent with the law.
Keywords: Western Digital, Milpitas , Technologist, Advanced Memory Product Development Engineering, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!