Lead Epitaxy Engineer
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Nanosys is a growing technology company that is the world leader
in Quantum Dot technology for displays. Nanosys has blazed a
strategic path in Quantum Dot technology and has developed the
market, shipping more than 35 million consumer products such as the
Samsung QLED TVs, LG QNED TVs, Vizio Quantum and many more. Based
in Silicon Valley with sites in Milpitas and Sunnyvale, CA, we are
scaling to 200+ people this year and seek a Lead Epitaxy Engineer
to support our expansion into GaN materials development for
microLED displays.We are looking for people who are not only
energetic, committed, and passionate about what they do, but
focused on applying innovation to help industries overcome
obstacles through materials architecture. We have a "roll-up your
sleeves" culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual
respect, integrity, and recognition of successes. -Job
- Improve GaN/InGaN-based RGB LED internal quantum efficiency by
designing new LED epitaxial structures and developing novel MOCVD
- Create Epitaxy Technical roadmaps, design the solutions, and
execute towards them. -
- Work carefully with advanced materials characterization
techniques (both internal and external) to connect epi-growth
recipes to material microstructure and quality.
- Troubleshoot MOCVD material and devices growth issues and
maintain MOCVD tool and metrology working with equipment
- Track process results for the Epitaxial wafers and related
evaluations and documentation of performance and yield analysis for
- Coordinate development and optimization of new processes in a
- Hands-on with significant portion of time inside clean
room.Experience and Job Requirements
- 8+ years of hand-on experience in -GaN-based LED epitaxial
growth by MOCVD.
- In-depth experience in characterization (PL, XRD, AFM, SIMS,
TEM, EL, IV, etc.) of GaN-based materials and LEDs. -
- 3+ years of industrial development experience after 5+ years of
scientific research academic experience. -
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics,
Material Sciences or equivalent in education and experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with statistics. Knowledge
of JMP or similar software tools. -
- Experience working in a cross-functional capacity within a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and
presentation skills.Additional preferred skills
- Direct experience with Aixtron G3/G4/G5.
- Direct experience with long-wavelength InGaN LED growth.
- Knowledge and experience of micro-LED devices architecture, LED
wafer fabrication process.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art micro-LED technology in academic
research and industry. -
Keywords: Nanosys, Milpitas , Lead Epitaxy Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!