Switching Escalation Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this Software Engineer role, you will be part of a highly
technical team that solves critical issues, and manages customer
communication and virtual teams. You'll balance hard technical
skills with the soft skills required to quickly drive customer
issues to closure. You'll maintain end to end ownership of efforts
to resolve customer issues and help drive improvements in product
quality by sharing the field learnings with engineering teams. It's
a very dynamic role which requires engaging with Sales/account
teams, Marketing, Development and test teams.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Switching Escalation team is part of the Enterprise Switching
Engineering Group in Cisco and manages overall customer experience
for our flagship products & solutions in the enterprise space.
Enterprise Switching is on the cusp of major transition with launch
of next generation Catalyst 9000 Switching Family to support
intent-based networking. This is an exciting time to be part of
this major transition in enterprise switching business.
WHO YOU ARE
You are motivated, driven, and a great teammate. You'll be willing
to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product
areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. You have
excellent communication skills.
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related
experience or BSEE/CS combined with 8+ years of experience
- Solid experience in Network/Security domain with QA experience
in platforms, infrastructure and systems area
- Solid management skills and the ability to support multiple
projects at a time
- Own the quality gate of major deliverables end-to-end
- Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge and experience. Good
understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging
complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to work multi-functionally.
- Good programming/scripting skills using one of more of the
programming languages like Python, Perl, C/C++, Java, Ruby
- Experience with open source test and Network traffic generating
tools and good to have experience with typical test tools from
Spirent, Breaking Point, and Ixia
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure or any other
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, standout
- Knowledge of VMs/Docker is a plus
- Network protocols like TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, HTTP, Multicast,
Routing/switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, STP, VLAN, MPLS,
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once and work
independently with minimal managerial guidance.
- Have experience in customer deployments
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve
overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to
overall test strategies
- Strong Logical Reasoning and Analytical Capabilities
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills
- Interact with various functions and teams of the product,
including Development/Marketing/Sales/Accounts teams.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive
future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners
is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread
of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the
pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related
travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting
third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and
Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law,
and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required
accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons
as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with
applicable law. Additional information will be provided to
candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the
offer time based on region.
Keywords: Cisco, Milpitas , Switching Escalation Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!