Staff Firmware Engineer
Company: Bigfoot Biomedical Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Bigfoot believes people living with insulin-requiring diabetes
deserve relief from its daily burden. We envision a world where the
emotional, mental, physical, and financial burden of diabetes has
been significantly reduced. We are passionately dedicated to
delivering simpler, safer, and more effective solutions for life
with insulin. We are personally committed to the mission of
improving the lives of people with diabetes through the application
of smart technology. We bring deep and nuanced understanding of
customer needs, demonstrated technical capabilities in developing
and commercializing technology, and proven business acumen in
funding and growing startups into profitable publicly traded
enterprises. What we are building at Bigfoot Biomedical Bigfoot is
building diabetes management solutions integrating data, software,
smart devices, and people. This is your chance to join a very
talented team! As a key member of Bigfoot's Product Development and
Engineering team, the Staff Firmware Engineer & Technical Lead is
responsible for the technical leadership and direction of the
company's engineering product development activities of Firmware
and Electrical Engineering. He/She will focus on delivering high
quality, efficiently developed, manufacturable products that meet
the needs of Bigfoot's external customers. He/She will be
responsible for maturing Bigfoot's Firmware and Electrical
Engineering capabilities to have technical expertise, mature
development practices, and predictable results. Essential Duties
- Deliver high quality Firmware systems that are safe, effective
and adhere to Medical Device quality and regulatory guidance.
- Provide technical direction for the Firmware and Electrical
Engineering teams including analog/digital electronics, embedded
software operating systems, motor control, sensor integration,
displays and user interface instrumentation.
- Mature the development methodology in the Firmware team
including requirements capture, analysis, design, programming,
debugging, hardware integration and verification.
- Define the rigor and process to create architecture,
implementation, and validation of electrical and firmware systems
for the Bigfoot product roadmap
- Support discrepancy resolution and continuous improvement of
the firmware and electrical system design by working with product
management, dev ops, manufacturing, quality and regulatory
- Utilize and adhere to the Bigfoot design development process
and methods compliant with FDA/ISO Design Control regulations
- Assure product quality by designing and verifying electrical
test methods and firmware system capabilitiesEducation and
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or
Computer Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in
professional embedded software development, or equivalent.
- Experience with programming in C, C++ and Python.
- Experience in microcontroller (MCU) firmware
- Experience with embedded software security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, data acquisition and
- Reading and understanding of block diagrams and electrical
- A collaborative team player.
- Demonstrated track record of strong analytical and
- Strong experience with software development tools, version
control, communication protocols, and a product development process
across the entire range of life-cycle development
- Experience bringing up and debugging new hardware and software
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- MS degree in Software or Electrical Engineering
- A proven track record of working cross-functionally with
engineers, scientists and related partners (Quality Assurance,
Regulatory Affairs, and Manufacturing) throughout the product
development life cycle
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire others
- Experience in a highly-regulated industry including medical
devices, pharmaceuticals, automotive and defense is highly
- Ability to sit or stand to perform work.
- Manual dexterity to use computer systems and cellular phones.
What will you do at Bigfoot Biomedical? What you do here at Bigfoot
will largely be defined by your existing skills and desire to grow
to help us achieve the above. We have an employee-friendly working
environment that provides bike racks and showers, lunch and snacks,
and flexible hours. Our culture helps us stay focused on our goals.
We have competitive benefits. We have a great team culture. We
understand that we all need to succeed as a team. We have fun while
we're building a solution we can be proud of. If you're ready to
make a dent in the universe, join the mission, and feel like what
you do every day isn't just a job, come talk to us! Bigfoot
Biomedical, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Bigfoot Biomedical Inc, Milpitas , Staff Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!