Principal Engineer - R and D
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Cordis Corporation designs, manufactures, and commercializes
medical devices uses to treat coronary artery disease and
peripheral artery disease. Examples of such devices include systems
for gaining access to the vasculature, angioplasty catheters,
stents and stent delivery systems, and vascular closure devices. As
an R&D engineer you will work in the design, development, and
testing of Cardiovascular and Vascular Med Devices. Engineers at
Cordis work to solve complex problems to ensure devices meet user
needs, and that they are safe and effective for their indicated
The current position requires design and development expertise in
vascular closure devices with relevant clinical application
experience, and a good understanding of cardiovascular catheter
technologies and procedures.
- Applies comprehensive medical device engineering knowledge and
a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical
capabilities to achieve design realization of medical devices.
- Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique
or controversial problems which have an important effect on major
organization programs. This involves exploration of subject area,
definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and
development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Identifies internal and external customer needs. Translates
needs and requirements into tests cases for design verification and
- Accountable for design reviews as applicable ensuring that
verification and validation tests are documented, evaluated against
design input, and executed properly.
- Develops and monitors work schedule to ensure on time
completion of testing activities assigned.
- Supervision received is essentially administrative with
assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and
- Acts as individual technical expert, conceives or is assigned,
plans, and conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope
- Anticipates, plans, and implements new innovative test methods;
provides critical design input to specific situations; has a
broader knowledge of the testing environment; gains cross
functional alignment across the organization.
- Able to summarize results of design work and research studies
concisely. Participates in the regulatory submission process as a
subject matter expert. Supports regulatory by providing technical
justifications for submissions, reviewing regulatory filings, and
answering technical questions during planned meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with
all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and
procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical
Engineering is required.
- MS Degree in Engineering discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years related work experience and design
experience in vascular closure device preferred.
- Proven ability in the design and development (including process
engineering) of cardiovascular catheter technologies including
design experience in vascular closure devices.
- Must possess clearly recognizable outstanding technical
qualifications and leadership.
- Proven proficiency in Computer Aided Design or SolidWorks
- English communication skills, written and oral.
Keywords: Cordis, Milpitas , Principal Engineer - R and D, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!