Sr. Test Engineer
Company: Micross Components
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Micross STS provides electrical test, reliability, and
performance characterization services across a range of electronic
components for use in highly reliable products. The Micross STS
team is the last line of defense for testing, screening, and
ensuring the reliability of integrated circuit products used in
jets, rockets, satellites and spacecraft exploring the universe.
The senior RF Test Engineer must possess curiosity and mental
ingenuity to design a validation solution for many differing types
of products with RF components embedded: FPGA, VLSI ASICs,
Memories, Mixed Signal products. If you have a broad range of
software and hardware skills, positive, driven, personable,
energetic, this is the place that will challenge, promote your
growth and development within a friendly environment.
Essential Duties Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering or equivalent with 5 years of related professional
experience. Master's degree highly desirable.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills with an ability to solve
complex technical problems.
- Analyze and evaluate specification versus performance to ensure
the reliability of the product meets or exceeds the
- Versatile and tenacious; not intimidated in being repeatedly
faced with new challenges and devising solutions
- Independent thinker, capable of going back to core EE
principles to address a problem
- Demonstrated expertise in RF bench test equipment setup,
instrumentation testing of integrated circuits (spectrum, signal
analyzers noise figure, vector signal analysis (VSA), network
analyzers PNA, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscope, logic
analyzer, multi-meter, bit-error rate tester (BERT), and other
- Develop and debug complex software programs to convert
integrated circuit design into device validation solution.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results
- V93000 ATE or other ATE test engineering experience in Unix,
Linux, C, C++
Highly Desirable Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, validate, modify hardware for RF devices; having
knowledge of RF Matching and De-embedding redesign PCB DUT circuits
to guarantee component margin to specification.
- Verilog coding experience.
- Understanding of the integration of ATE subsystems into FPGA
and VLSI SOC designs. Architect, design, develop and test FPGA
solutions for the test and measurement industry
- Develop high speed communication interfaces between FPGA,
microcontrollers, and PC.
- Experience with the FPGA firmware development process is a
must; including VHDL code development, simulation, synthesis,
timing closure, and FPGA verification
- Experience interfacing high speed A/D, D/A and communication
interfaces (I2C, Ethernet, SPI, UARTs, PCIe)
- Familiarity with current advanced FPGA development tools for
signal processing applications (e.g. Xilinx Accel DSP, Simulink, or
Altera DSP Builder).
- Experience designing software & hardware on ASLx, LTX-CX, and
- Collaboration with business development to determine the
technical requirements necessary to support new developments,
burn-in and evaluation systems.
- Electromechanical understanding of components and thermal
- High Volume manufacturing process experience
- Experience within the military/aerospace industry.
- Possess a strong programming aptitude, solid understanding of
many digital, linear, mixed-signal, memory, and discrete device
parameters, and test methodologies used in their measurement
- Experience Xilinx FGPA or other FPGA family implementations of
signal processing algorithms.
- Experience with Multi-Gigabit Transceiver design.
- Strong in electronic theory.
- Familiarity with capacitor current theory, op-amp theory, with
transistor or FET theory.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulation,
including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you
must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,
protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement team and company
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating,
disclosing, or using for benefit.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all
times; perform other related
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Basic Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Assistance
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospitalization Insurance
Keywords: Micross Components, Milpitas , Sr. Test Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!