Senior Network Engineer
Company: ICE Consulting - Managed IT Services
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provide client/customer network solutions related to office,
lab, datacenter, LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi and security services. Work with
multiple clients to gather requirements, provide guidance, and
provide network support utilizing a deep understanding of routing
and switching protocols, network security, good operational
experience to isolate, analyze and resolve issues.
- Establish networking environment by designing system
configuration; directing system installation; defining,
documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implement data security solutions including
firewalls, Unified Threat Modules, VPN's, remote access, and
- Deep understanding of different security threats, internet
protocols, and applications
- Acts as a security SME, providing consultancy and advice on the
delivery of security solutions
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades;
collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing
information; managing projects.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies;
defining and monitoring access.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g., access
authentication and disaster recovery)
- Maintain complete documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and
- Participate in on-call rotation with the rest of the team
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Mentor team members on technical issues Requirements
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Fortinet, Arista and Palo Alto
- Excellent knowledge of routing, switching, network security,
and associated hardware platforms
- Multi-Vendor Knowledge of Switches and Firewalls
- Knowledge of NGFW, stateful packet inspection and ACLs
- Extensive experience with Layer 3 Routing and Protocols, OSPF,
BGP required, and SDWan knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements
(LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, 802.1x, etc.) required
- Knowledge of the following areas is required: VPN (GRE, IPSec,
and SSL VPNs,), Wireless (802.1b/g/n/ac) and DNS/DHCP
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following areas is highly
desired: Network Virtualization, Cloud systems, VoIP, or Project
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to operate
independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field
of study with a network engineering focus
- 10+ years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills both with clients and within the
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a
Keywords: ICE Consulting - Managed IT Services, Milpitas , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...