Construction Project Engineer
Company: Preston Companies
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- -Reviews project plans, specifications, standard
specifications, and soils report.
- Review Estimate.
- Review project budget
- Perform materials take off; verify all SOV estimated
- Contact Subs, Material Suppliers, and Truckers required for
- Assist Project Manager to prepare purchase orders and sub
-contract agreements and logs.
- Assist Project Manager to prepare SWPP plans, traffic plans,
excavation plans, JHA's, MOP's, etc., as required.
- Assist Project Manager Prepare all Submittals and logs.
- Prepare and Review project video and pictures prior to start of
construction for any changes in conditions that are not noted on
- USA job sites, refresh USA as needed, and maintain log.
- Distribute plans & specs. to subcontractors.
- Coordinate with Project Manager job related materials delivery
in a timely manner
- Coordinate with subcontractors for timely coordination.
- Attend job start meeting with PM, Estimator, PE,
Superintendent, and Foreman (if available), prior to job start.
Meeting to ensure that everyone clearly understands the work,
schedule, and production rates required to complete the project at
or below budgeted cost.
- Maintain a three week look ahead schedule that is resource
loaded in coordination with PM and superintendent.
- Attend weekly job site meetings, as required.
- No performance of extra work, without a written directive or
approval from an authorized owner's representative, and approval by
PPI Project Manager
- Process and analyze the project reports and production, collect
all data to determine whether or not the project is deviating from
the planned schedule or rate of production and if the deviation is
the result of issues that require a change order or submission of a
Notice of Potential Claim. Coordinate with Project Manager
- Track extra work labor hours, equipment hours, and materials
used on projects. Collect extra work field tags and ensure owners
representative is signing the tags.
- Review daily timecards from field personnel. Insure the time
card is accurately filled out for hours, cost codes and quantity of
- Ensure time cards are approved and submitted to Accounting by
10:00 am the same day you received. Ensure all previous week's time
cards are submitted no later than 10:00 am Monday morning.
- Maintain project red-line as-builts.
- Work with PM to ensure project is conforming to project
specifications at all times.
- Foster good relations with project owner.
- Work and communicate closely with Superintendents and Foreman
to ensure a successful project. -
- Maintain project pictures for PPI records.
- Verify and agree on quantities with inspecting agency daily if
you are on site.
- Coordinate with PM to submit all close out documents including
as-builts, warranty letters, O & M manuals, etc. required to
complete the project.
- Do whatever it takes. Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000 NOTE: The
salary of the finalist for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity,
experience, education, specialty and training. - This pay scale is
not a promise of a particular wage. Your Benefit Perks:
- Health Insurance for employee and dependents paid 100% by
- Medical -
- Vision -
- Dental -
- Life Insurance (employee only) -
- 401k -
- eligible employees receive employer contribution -
- Safe Harbor -
- Paid Time Off - Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Preston Companies, Milpitas , Construction Project Engineer, Engineering , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...