Manager, NPI and Manufacturing Engineering
Company: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Title: Manager, NPI and Manufacturing Engineering About Advanced
Energy Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEIS), enables
design breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor
and industrial customers. Our precision power and control
technologies, along with our applications know-how, inspire close
partnerships and innovation in thin-film and industrial
manufacturing. We are prou d of our rich heritage, award-winning
technologies, and we value the talents and contributions of all
Advanced Energy's employees worldwide. POSITION SUMMARY: The NPI
Engineering Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating
all activities of the Photonics NPI team, including managing the
execution of NPD projects across the global Photonics business as
well as providing manufacturing engineering support for internal
production operations. Through their leadership, experience, and
guidance, the NPI Engineering Manager will develop a team capable
of executing the responsibilities of NPI Engineering, Engineering
Planning, and Manufacturing Engineering. This mission includes
driving strategies with clear success criteria, formulating
aggressive but realistic team objectives, and tracking and
delivering to those objectives. The NPI Manager will lead the NPI
team in establishing and/or improving upon core NPI and
Manufacturing processes, leveraging support from complementary
teams. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to-day activities
required to ensure product transitions are completed on time,
successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals,
departmental policies, and established processes.
- Work closely with the cross-functional product development
project teams to introduce new products. This includes
transitioning new products from Engineering to Operations and
developing processes for mass production. Ensure the release of new
products and processes are supported with controlled
- Work within an established Product Development Process with
clearly identified phases and associated tasks, following the
constraints of budget, schedule and scope while identifying and
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply
chain responsiveness with safety, quality, cost, and flexibility in
- Coordinate with Engineering to create and maintain BOMs in
- Request, maintain, and release new part numbers in SAP.
- Plan and execute prototype and pre-production builds, ensuring
availability of material and labor to meet project
- Coordinate activities with Manufacturing and Supply Chain for
initial production runs and production ramp.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate final approval of products through
the PDP process.
- Manage on-time-delivery goals of NPI products by committed ship
- Work to resolve capacity, material constraints, and other
potential schedule interruptions.
- Manage and implement NPI Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
- Create and maintain work orders, purchase requests and internal
transfer orders. Manage Manufacturing Engineering Activities
- Implement continuous improvement efforts to increase production
efficiency and improve process flow.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and
make recommendations for tooling and process requirements for
- Analyze work content for distribution to work centers and
- Develop and manage fixtures and calibration procedures.
- Provide process leadership to ensure the manufacture of
- Initiate and manage Engineering Change Orders. WORK
- Standard office setting, engineering labs, and production
- Requires flexible working hours and ability to work
independently from home as required.
- Dynamic work environment, collaborating with teams in multiple
locations and time zones.
- Flexible schedule that may include long days, occasional
evenings and weekends, and travel for business meetings or
trainings (10-20%). SKILLS:
- Dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in
project and people management; communicates with ease at all
levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at
facilitating actions and resolving conflicts.
- Proficient in presenting clear and concise information to team
and senior management.
- History of success managing global teams in a matrixed
- Ability to build, mentor and develop strong teams.
- Ability to remove team roadblocks through creative problem
solving, negotiation, or conflict management skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on
accurate, quantitative, and timely analysis. EXPERIENCE: Minimum 7
years of related industry experience:
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience with project management and planning
- Solid understanding of New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Experience with Lean process improvements.
- Experience with DFx as it intersects with manufacturing
processes & methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP Experience EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in a relavent
Keywords: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., Milpitas , Manager, NPI and Manufacturing Engineering, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!