Senior Director, Internal Audit
Company: FireEye, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a
seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations,
FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security
technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and
world-renowned Mandiant-- consulting. With this approach, FireEye
eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for
organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to
cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and
global footprint at
As an integral member of the Finance executive team, the Senior
Director, Internal Audit is responsible for advance level
professional internal auditing work that serves as a key component
of the Company's governance structure.
Determine, direct, plan and supervise a comprehensive global risk
assessment and audit program including managing and conducting
complex performance, operational, financial, compliance, and
information system audit activities.
The Senior Director, Internal Audit contributes to the enablement
of the success of the business by providing risk assessment,
insight, analysis, and advisory support that both enhances
corporate governance and risk management and facilitates business
process improvements. The individual is expected to evolve the
function over time to keep up with internal audit, SOX and COSO
standards and to monitor business changes to maintain a
continuously maturing risk assurance framework.
The Senior Director, Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit
Committee of the Board of Directors, and administratively to the
Internal Audit and Risk Assessment
- Lead the development of the annual Audit Plan.
- Direct managers and staff in the performance of complex
independent analyses to determine the reliability and integrity of
information; compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and
regulations, the safeguarding of assets; and process
- Oversee the planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of
Internal Audit operations, including: hiring, training, evaluating
staff performance, and career development.
- Ensure quality control over the overall performance of audit
procedures by identifying and defining issues, developing criteria,
reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting client processes and
procedures, reviewing audit working papers, and ensuring that
professional accounting and audit principles and standards are
- Define and oversee the implementation of department policies
and procedures, organizational structure required, staffing levels,
and performance standards.
- Plan and implement audit process improvement opportunities
through use of technology, data analytics, and best practices.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, and supervision to Internal
- Maintain organizational and ethical standards, partnering with
the business to insure high levels of compliance.
- Operate independently with extensive latitude for initiative
and independent judgment.
- Partner with management to facilitate adoption of best
practices in governance, risk and control.
Communications & Key Relationships
- Communicate overall planning, recommendations, findings and
strategic direction to the Audit Committee of the Board of
- Confer with management to review audit plans, audit results,
and recommendations to resolve audit findings.
- Coordinate the department's work with the external auditors,
identifying opportunities to leverage internal audit activities and
streamline the external audit process.
- Partner with Legal and Human Resources leadership in internal
investigations and remediation.
- Oversee the evaluation and testing of SOX controls.
Business Consulting & Advisory Role
- Proactively engage with key stakeholders in defining control
and operational risks related to major corporate initiatives.
- Advise department on implementation of new systems, procedures,
and internal controls.
- Maintain industry specific knowledge appropriate to the
evaluation of controls and operational risk in the business.
- At least 15 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or
Audit and outstanding technical experience in accounting standards,
procedures, policies and controls.
- 8-10 years of experience managing people and cross-functional
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and excellent
communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to engage with and create trust through business
- Technical experience in accounting standards, procedures,
polices and controls.
- Experience with a public company with international operations
is required. Technology industry experience highly desirable.
- Experience with use of data analytics and related systems and
- Knowledge of information systems and security preferred.
- Project management experience desirable.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining
diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: FireEye, Inc., Milpitas , Senior Director, Internal Audit, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!