Company: Independent Electric Supply
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten
employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech
aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply
branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area,
Central Valley, Central Coast and 7 locations throughout Arizona.
IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated
specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool &
safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet
specific customer needs. Employing more than 525 people and
managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one
of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the
finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors
throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in
electrical distribution. We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
SummaryResponsible for the efficient and profitable operation of a
designated branch. The scope of responsibility includes, but is not
limited to the following: sales, inventory, personnel, training,
administration, building, equipment, and community involvement.
Directs production, distribution, and marketing operations for the
branch by performing the following duties personally or through
subordinate supervisors. Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in developing and administering branch policies as
well as developing and implementing long-range goals in order to
meet corporate industry objectives.
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products sold or services
performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and
obtain competitive position in industry.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume
potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs, coordinates and/or delegates activities of departments
such as sales, operations, purchasing, and administrative support
in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, budgets and
forecast data to determine branch and department progress toward
stated goals and objectives. Develops and implements sales plans to
accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to
develop others to improve personal and organizational
- Confers with Vice Presidents, Regional Managers and other
administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss
required changes in goals, objectives, programs, or operations
resulting from current status and conditions.
- Represents Company at industry, vendor, or trade association
meetings to promote products and the company.
- Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales
territories, quotas, and goals to sales representatives.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential
sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Supervisory Responsibility,
work environment and physical demands
- This position has supervisory responsibility. Directly or
indirectly manages subordinate Department Managers who are
responsible for the effective operation of individual departments.
Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- This position works in a normal office environment as well as a
warehouse environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and
temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant
conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. while working in the office.
The noise level in the warehouse environment is usually moderate
and temperature can change based on the season.
- Work is sedentary in nature, but may require standing and
walking for up to 50% of the time.
- Work can involve the operation of forklift; equipment such as
pallet jacks and climb ladders; bend, stoop, lift and move objects
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Through previous background and experience, the candidate must
be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports,
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, legal documents or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
and speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors or
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; compute rate,
ratio, and draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions in order to solve practical problems where
only limited information and standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Negotiation skills along with the ability to sell and be
- Collaborate, mentor, motivate and lead associates in a matrix
- Ability to multi task.
- Broad knowledge of business administration, sales, and
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Excellent phone, customer service and written/oral
- Possess in depth knowledge of IES computer systems, Microsoft
- Must be a team player and abide by IES's strong core values and
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
and two to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Keywords: Independent Electric Supply, Milpitas , Branch Manager, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!