Manager, Product Quality
Company: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEIS), enables design
breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and
industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies,
along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships
and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are
proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we
value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy's
employees worldwide. POSITION SUMMARY: The Customer Quality Manager
is responsible to recommend and implement operating practices
related to customer satisfaction and retention. The Customer
Quality Manager is responsible for customer relationships and
transactional opportunities related to the resolution of concerns.
The role serves as the primary interface for various levels within
the customer and AE environment to resolve matters related to
Quality/Reliability of product, internal processes and procedures
that impact customer satisfaction. The role manages the customer
relationship as related to customer satisfaction, quality
expectations, process controls, and delivery expectations.
Responsibilities also include negotiations on business critical
matters by coordinating input with cross functional groups, and
external customers and subsequently has the authority to make
recommendations on matters of significant impact on company
authority to deviate, or proceed with actions related to overall
customer and AE satisfaction. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the relationship between customer's
Quality, Engineering and Production groups and AE's Engineering,
Sales, Marketing, Service, Quality and Operations functions to
resolve equipment reliability and performance issues.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional groups to
coordinate strategies for meeting customer's requirements in all
quality areas that also serve AE's business needs. Creates and
reviews strategies with functional owners and drives program
- Coordinates with other departments failure analysis reports,
data analysis, corrective action, root cause analysis, and quality
- Interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions
involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, and/or
influencing and persuading other senior level managers--
- Prepares monthly field performance reports using global support
and SAP databases. Initiates corrective actions based on these
reports and insures timely closure of these actions.
- Presents field performance and customer specific data to
corporate management and customer teams.
- Participates in Design Reviews to insure compliance with
reliability standards and customer requirements
- Review Engineering Change Requests for customer approval
requirements and submission.
- Is responsible to host and coordinate customer audits, surveys,
and other such activities.
- Other duties as assigned. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Works in standard office environment and uses general office
equipment (phone, PC, copier, fax machine etc.)
- Some travel will be required ( domestic and international)
- Ability to manage cross-functional project teams to reach
problem resolution for customers and AE.
- Ability to solve complex technical and interpersonal problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Measurable and extensive experience with influencing and
negotiating in complex situations
- Able to define process criteria to meet product and process
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications,
and general computer usage
- 2+ years experience in complex quality related activities
including ISO compliance, Six Sigma, New Product Development and/or
other problem solving methodologies, and/or management or
involvement of a quality engineering function or process.
- 2+ year previous experience with demonstrated success in
influencing and negotiating to resolution difficult and complex
customer requests, and issues. EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in related field or CQE certification
- Understanding and working experience with SPC, related software
and 6 Sigma training and use.
Keywords: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., Milpitas , Manager, Product Quality, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!