Human Resources Manager
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: With limited and general direction from an
Area Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager acts as
a business partner with the local management team to effectively
manage the human resources function for assigned division(s) while
maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and
company programs. In addition to administering staffing, training,
employee relations, compliance, benefits, and compensation programs
at the local level, this role is actively engaged with the
implementation of strategic Human Resources initiatives.
- Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees
and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance
management issues, conflict management, interpretation of
employment policies and resolution.
- Implements, disseminates, and monitors company policies,
programs and procedures in the areas otraining, compensation,
compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate
- Oversees recording and maintenance of employee information,
such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data,
attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary
actions, and terminations/separations of employment.
- Monitors division compliance with federal, state, and local
laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity,
affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other
- Coordinates with division operations and corporate/area Human
Resources staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring,
employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.) within the
- Assists in conducting and resolving investigations regarding
employee complaints and concerns.
- Participates in local management staff meetings and assists
with and influences personnel related decisions.
- Involved with coaching and counseling managers as it relates to
- Identifies training needs and/or gaps and develops training
programs as appropriate. Also conducts training sessions, including
but not limited to, new hire orientation, classroom training and
additional leadership sessions.
- Performs or assists with necessary Human Resource related
audits for specific locations.
- Implements succession planning and talent management plans to
support leadership by identifying current talent and anticipating
- May oversee and direct the work of the other Human Resources
staff or administrative staff members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of
transportation up to 60% of the time.
- Ability to impact and influence all levels of the Company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
- Masters Degree.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly applicable experience as an HR
Generalist or HR Manager who was involved in all aspects of HR.
Bonus Plan Details (if applicable): Bonus - MIP, 25% Annual
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Milpitas , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!