Catering Sales Manager
Company: Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting new
catering accounts, entertaining and sustaining relationships with
existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals. He/she must
have a strong knowledge of weddings and understand the importance
of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for the hotel.
He/she is also responsible to coordinate and service client
functions to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining
profitable operations and high quality products and service levels.
Candidates must be comfortable in problem solving with client
relationships and event management. The position will be based at
the Sheraton San Jose Hotel in Milpitas, CA.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all turnovers within 24 hours via telephone and
within 3 days with written correspondence.
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations and types.
- Respond to Catering inquires immediately.
- Use the Partnership Agreement to meet client needs.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments
within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio
visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event setup.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client
re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of
F&B issues as they arise.
- Manage the function diary and adjust space in order to ensure
maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
(One-to-One Training, etc.)
- Plan and execute holiday and special events in conjunction with
the Director of Catering.
- Use feedback from client evaluations to improve service and
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
Keywords: Sheraton San Jose Hotel, Milpitas , Catering Sales Manager, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!