Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager, Direct ProcurementMission
SummaryReporting to the Director, Direct Procurement, the role of
Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in the
development of Motional's self-driving vehicle hardware. - You will
be responsible for managing all components within the assigned
commodities from RFQ stage, business award, and prototype through
serial production. - The position has high visibility within the
organization and offers the chance to be a part of a generational
advance in driving technology. - Our mission is to provide
delightful, customer focused services to the entire Motional team.
- This role is a cornerstone of the organization, focusing on
direct procurement support for our self driving vehicle related
projects. -What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain a sourcing strategy for the assigned
commodities in coordination with business stakeholders to meet
current and future product requirements.
- Manage the strategic vendor relationship as the primary
commercial point of contact for Motional and each supplier.
- Understand the technology roadmap of critical suppliers and
communicate throughout the organization with a formal commodity
- Partners with Engineering, Program Management, and Supplier
Quality to ensure suppliers are meeting program milestones,
delivering material on-time, fulfilling quality requirements, and
following proper change management procedure to maintain control of
- Tracks the BOM cost for assigned components as the
program/design progresses towards serial production.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the organization for matters
pertaining to component cost including savings opportunities,
supplier strategy/capabilities, VA/VE and lean manufacturing.
- Manages and resolves issues with commercial terms or supply
chain issues, escalating to leadership based on severity.What we're
- Minimum 5 years of Procurement experience working in an
Automotive (OEM/Tier1) or high-tech manufacturing industry. -
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or
other related field.
- Management of a global supply base, supporting multiple
worldwide manufacturing locations.
- Ability to lead strategic sourcing, vendor
development/management, RFX events, advanced sourcing, new product
introduction, pricing and terms negotiations.
- Must be familiar with and able to negotiate key legal terms as
it pertains to Development and Production agreements.
- Ability to navigate and manage internal relationships across a
cross functional team including Finance, Engineering, and Program
- Full understanding of Automotive Advance Product Quality
Planning activities and the Production Part Approval Process.
- In-depth knowledge of the Source to Pay process.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the
ability to present frequently to Senior Leadership teams.Preferred
- Advanced higher education such as a Master's Degree in
- Autonomous vehicle industry or Fortune 100 manufacturing
- 5-10 years in a Strategic Sourcing role managing complex and
highly technical commodities; specifically High Performance Compute
solutions, including PCB's, CPU, GPU, semiconductors, and vision
- Previous experience managing complex contract manufacturing in
the electronics industry.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering prints and 3D CAD
- Cost modeling and estimation for material and manufacturing
- Leading activities related to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing,
VA/VE. -In return you can expect:
- An experienced leadership team that provides you with the
opportunity to - be mentored, coached, and - grow your procurement
- An opportunity to build a world class procurement organization
where you will leave your legacy on the next generation of Motional
self-driving vehicles. -
- Broad range of exposure across various high-tech commodities
for autonomous vehicles.
- An innovative company with talented yet humble people,
recognized as one of the front runners in the self-driving car
- If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above -
that's okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role
that would make you excited to come into work every day and that
you can deliver the results we need.Motional is a driverless
technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable,
and accessible reality.The Motional team is made up of engineers,
researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are
creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to
transform the way we move. We're behind some of the industry's
largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous
cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first
robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established
public robotaxi fleet.As a leader in an emerging industry that has
the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible
transportation for all, it's imperative we have a diverse
workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the
communities we operate in around the world. -Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion is fundamental to Motional's success. That's why we've
established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the
candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring
process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with
organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of
Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest
thinking and approaches.Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group
and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move
through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has
operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit -
www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook,
Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All
newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system
established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and
Keywords: Motional, Milpitas , Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, Executive , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!