Director of Sales ("Director de Ventas") - Holiday Inn Suites Milpitas
Company: AZUL HOSPITALITY
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Holiday Inn Suites Silicon Valley Milpitas - Milpitas, CA
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for proactively
soliciting appropriate business opportunities through a combination
of tele-prospecting and direct sales to achieve personal and hotel
revenue goals. Responsible to learn how to support the property and
drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout
each customer experience.
- Enthusiastically and proactively sell the propertys concept to
group, corporate and leisure prospects in a way that best
illustrates the identity of the brand as innovative and new.
- Prospect and qualify all lead sources through cold calls,
tele-prospecting, and networking to generate new
- Ensure individual and team sales and catering goals are met or
- Manage preferred corporate, wholesale, leisure transient, and
group accounts that meet or exceed hotel revenue goals
- Negotiate contracts ensuring that all pertinent aspects of
solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Actively pursue new clients through creative/innovative sales
techniques and aggressive prospecting
- Identify opportunities to upsell customer through food &
beverage offerings, room upgrades, AV and lighting upgrades and spa
faculties, if applicable
- Manage lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of
- Create customized Wedding Packages, Menus, and proposals,
- Respond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours or
- Maintain accurate CI/TY information on all bookings,
specifically program details, client correspondence, traces and
- Conduct unique site inspections that create a WOW experience
for the customer
- Follow proper event management procedures for event execution
to include but not limited to BEO creation, F&B forecasting,
resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block
- Produce and distribute accurate banquet/catering event orders,
timelines, diagrams, and resumes within timeframe set by hotel
- Coordinate, plans and implements wedding related marketing
tactics and events
- Produce and distribute 10-day Events Schedule and BEO Packet,
as well as Daily Events Schedule
- Preside over weekly 10-day BEO reading and daily 3-day BEO
- Drive strategies to develop long term business relationships
and repeat business
- Attend tradeshows, make on-site field presentations, and
outside sales calls to prospective clients
- Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals
meet or exceed established plan and accurately report
variance/projections to management
- Participate in weekly strategy meetings and use Revenue
Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize
- Ensure that the property is maximizing the use of all company,
brand and local CVB programs
- Recruit the best possible sales team and reduce turnover
through coaching, counseling, and training
- Provide support and coaching for team members to drive high
levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with peers,
competitors and brand partners.
- Develop annual Group, Banquet, and Catering Operating Budget
and Sales & Marketing plan in conjunction with the propertys
executive team and executes marketing-related items
- Work with other hotel departments to successfully market
amenities including spa, restaurant, lounge, and events (as
- Coordinate local advertising to promote hotels restaurant,
lounge, spa, etc.
- Coordinate, plan and implement wedding related marketing
tactics and events.
- Add creativity and trend insights into driving catering revenue
via wedding packages, promotions and public relations.
- Work with corporate marketing team, vendors, and agencies.
- Represent hotel at various meetings and events in support of
community and public relations.
- Use brand opportunities to drive revenue.
- Track and report on all sales activities for hotel.
- Track and report on all event planner surveys and
- Keep informed of industry news that affects the organization
and shares information with team.
- Partners with Operations in providing a customer experience
that exceeds the customers expectations.
- Effectively develop relationships within the community to
strengthen and expand customer base for future sales
- Be an active part of the property management team fostering and
developing the desired Azul Hospitality culture.
- Stimulate a friendly, cheerful attitude in his/her conduct with
other managers, guests, and fellow associates.
- Drive product quality and a unique guest experience at every
- Ensure that all administrative procedures are in place and
- Ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full
career development and personal growth
- Establish and monitor cost and expense control systems and
procedures to achieve budgeted operating results.
- Take corrective measures and actions to ensure highest possible
- Maximize revenues through pro-active action rather than
- Work as a member of the yield team to ensure maximum occupancy
is achieved at the highest possible average rate via effective
setting and monitoring of rate occupancy controls.
- Assist in revenue management, room inventory control, stay
controls and distribution channels as needed.
- Advise the General Manager of all matters relating to Sales &
- Attend weekly leadership meetings.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner,
following established company policy and projecting a favorable
image of Azul Hospitality to achieve objectives.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the General
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by resort
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to four (8) hours per day.
Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to travel on occasion, as needed.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess intermediate computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Knowledge of computer programs, math skills as well as
budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, foresee user needs, and makes judgments to
ensure proper tools are provided at property level.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office,
PMS, PBX, Key system, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing
equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety
and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including,
but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local
analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent level of education
- 2 to 3 years Sales & Marketing experience in the hospitality
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Ability to provide and maintain a valid drivers license as the
position may require the operation of motorized and electric
Exempt Staff Members are not covered by the overtime provisions and
do not receive overtime pay. Exempt Staff members are paid a fixed
salary that is intended to cover all the compensation to which they
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: AZUL HOSPITALITY, Milpitas , Director of Sales ("Director de Ventas") - Holiday Inn Suites Milpitas, Hospitality & Tourism , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!