Senior Architect / Principal Software Engineer
Company: Corin Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Corin is seeking a talented and driven Senior Architect /
Principal Software Engineer to join our Global Technology R&D
team in Milpitas CA. The Web Architect will help design, develop,
and test new Software applications for our OMNIBotics systems and
support, improve, and maintain our existing product portfolio
whilst complying with medical device regulatory standards.
Corin is a medical device business with innovative robotically
assisted platforms for joint replacement surgery. Corin offers a
unique combination of clinically proven hip & knee solutions and
world leading technologies. Our OMNIBotics system utilizes
intelligent robotic instrumentation to give surgeons the ability to
perform patient-specific procedures with high accuracy, with more
consistent results, and improved recovery rates. The Robotics
Software Engineering team develops advanced computational modelling
and data science driven algorithms, enabling optimized surgery
planning and improved patient outcomes. We are a small team with
The key responsibilities of the Principal Software Engineer /
Senior Architect are to;
- Design, develop, integrate, and deploy Software applications
for robotically assisted medical device systems.
- Lead the full-stack solution design with hands-on
- Work with cross-functional teams, Marketing, Hardware
Engineering, and contractors across the globe to ensure
high-quality product delivery and maintenance for Corin
- Lead the design and development of Web and Cloud based Software
- Lead the implementation of UI/UX, visual designs, and 3D models
JS, Three.JS, HTML, CSS.
- Drive the strategy for Cloud based solutions, data
communication, and security design.
- Participate in technology innovation and data-driven design to
enable efficient implementation of complex surgical workflows.
- Ensure high code quality through automated and rigorous unit
tests, code reviews, and adhering to Corin's coding standards.
- Create and update Software requirements and specifications, and
Software design documentation.
- Support Software QA, and verification and validation activities
to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, Sprint planning, Backlog
grooming, and routine stand-ups.
- Participate in risk assessment and relevant team and project
- Internalize and follow all proper procedures to ensure
compliance of Software components and development process with
applicable regulations and safety standards (ISO 13485, IEC 62304
and U.S Title 21 CFR 820).
- Strictly follow Good Documentation Practices, and Corin's
Software Development Lifecycle policies.
The ideal Senior Architect / Principal Software Engineer will have
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or comparable
- 7-10+ years in Web-based Software development, preferably in a
medical device or healthcare environment.
- Strong skills in Web-based technologies and frameworks, React
- Strong skills in Cloud based solutions and communication
- Experience with C++ backend, preferably in Microsoft
- Solid Object-Oriented Software design and development
- Strong ability to rapidly code and unit test in a team
environment, utilizing Agile processes and tools such as Azure Dev
- Experience with source and version control systems and bug
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and
- Strong self-motivation and professional pride in your work
Corin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
based on age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or
Keywords: Corin Group, Milpitas , Senior Architect / Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!