Sr. Software Engineer
Company: Corning Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique
combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being
a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment
to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical
solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment
is classified into two main product groupings - carrier network and
enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists
primarily of products and solutions for optical-based
communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and
voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists
primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to
businesses, governments and individuals for their own use. Group
Overview: The Software Tools and Release Engineering (STR) group
mission is to ensure the engineering design, verification, and
release process of small cell products are as smooth and efficient
as possible. The group has broad responsibilities which include
Dev-Ops (CI/CD), Linux system administration, providing &
supporting development tools, software automation, as well as
maintaining and building virtualized test infrastructure (at
scale). Software Tools & Release engineering group seeking a
hands-on senior engineer who is passionate and drive team
activities independently. Corning's small cell business group
responsible for products such as Enterprise Radio Access Network
(5G, LTE E-RAN), Spidernet, SCPS and Network Operations Center
- Helps driving end-to-end release engineering process
requirements, design, automation, improvements and deployment.
- Designs and develops automation software for testing Corning
- Support and extend the test automation framework and automation
APIs used in the Corning wireless organization.
- Building and maintaining test infrastructure for CI/CD
- Manages and work towards continuous improvement of the CI/CD
pipeline and process.
- Ensuring the 24x7 availability of all systems required to build
and release Corning software products.
- Work with other engineering groups (hardware, wireless,
software, and QA) to support the Corning product design process and
software development lifecycle.
- Leading the scrum daily standups on code, review, tasks and
deliverables status updates.
- Building lab infrastructure and designing test bed topologies
with Lab/IT support teams
- Build and review code check-ins in software repository like SVN
- Collaborate design review with peers
- Build prototypes and present the solution in customer demos.
Required Skills: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science or Telecommunications with 8+ years' experience in
developing and supporting software products & tools.
- 4+ years of automation frameworks or software design and
development experience with strong competencies in data structures,
algorithms, and OOPs.
- Expert in any one of programming languages like Python, C++, or
- Experience with Databases like SQL or Mongo dB.
- Solid foundation in TCP/IP networking
- Experience with Linux system administration and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams, and balance conflicting
- Must be driven, extremely result oriented, and capable of
delivering quality products on time. Desired Skills:
- Experience with containers (docker), Container orchestration
and configuration management tools (Kubernetes), virtualization
(VMware, KVM), etc. are big pluses
- Experience with software validation frameworks similar to Robot
- Experience with revision control systems, such as Subversion
(SVN) or GIT
- Exposure to system monitoring tools (monit, Zabbix,
- Experience in administering Jira, Jenkins, Apache HTTPD
- Experience with build systems (Make/Scons)
- Wireless products testing experience. We prohibit
discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected
status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Keywords: Corning Inc., Milpitas , Sr. Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!