Lead Hybrid Cloud Technical Architect - Open to Remote Candidates
Company: ePlus Technology, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Lead Hybrid Cloud Technical Architect - Open to Remote
Candidates *Open to candidates located throughout the contiguous
United States* Job Description: Are you up to the challenge? At
ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most
visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination,
relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients
to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge
technology manufacturers-many of which look to us for their own
technology infrastructure needs-keep us immersed across the broad
spectrum of the IT ecosystem. As a Lead Hybrid Cloud Technical
Architect, you will be responsible for planning, designing and
implementing operations enterprise infrastructure for our clients.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering
centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for
technology to do more. Job Responsibilities: The Lead Hybrid Cloud
Technical Architect will be responsible for understanding complex
business IT needs and managing research, design and solution
development for ePlus customers.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to prioritize, strategize,
plan and qualify opportunities, as well as create and deliver
professional solution and technology insight presentations to
- Support Account Executives during the pre-sales process for
growing sales, margin and market share.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with clients. Gain an
appropriate understanding of the client needs while also uncovering
- As needed by the Account Executive, design the ideal technical
architecture solutions for the client. When appropriate, create
bill of materials, supporting business case materials, RFP
responses, and statements of work for any services to be delivered.
Proven ability to mitigate both design and implementation
- Participate in the planning, designing, and building of new
service offerings including on-premises infrastructure, network
security, business continuity, disaster recovery, managed services
and public/private/hybrid cloud offerings.
- Support marketing activities, including presenting at events
and online demonstrations.
- Strive to maintain expert level knowledge in all technology
offerings while specializing and maintaining certifications in
those areas identified as critical for the role's specialization.
The role will also be responsible to maintain an expert level of
knowledge on competitor offerings to best communicate technical
differentiation. Demonstrate a proactive nature to maintain
technical competence. Complete training, education and
certification as assigned.
- Perform exceptionally and to completion when delivering on
billable engagements including on-premises infrastructure
implementations, cloud migrations and expansions, managed services,
ticket resolutions, disaster recovery implementations, security
implementations, assessments, solution designs and other services
- Be a thought leader by staying abreast of technology and
business trends through interactions and professional networking
with other top thought leaders available external to .
Strategically advance offerings and provide insights to clients to
assist them progress the growth of their business via the
identification of their ideal IT solution stack.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of professional
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and
experience required. Must be able to adjust style to match the
audience whether internal, client technical or client executive.
Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse
audiences, including technical and business decision makers. High
- Maximize pre-sales and billable time.
- Highly motivated and self-managed individual that can balance
multiple projects, support meetings, achieve superior results.
- Travel - to/from clients, corporate events and training.
- Continuing education of relevant certifications that would
benefit the Lead Technical Architect role
- Be available to meet customer IT needs and serve the Customer
to ePlus' standards Your Corporate Responsibilities: Internal
Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change.
Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities
with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures Job
- Excellent customer service skills, both in-person and over the
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation
- Strong business understanding including costing, P&L and
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions
quickly Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design and plan,
implement and support IT solutions using three or more of the
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and SD-WAN
- Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Containers and Container Management Platforms
- Security - Micro Segmentation, IAM, Firewalls Education and
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT
- At least 6-8 years of experience working as a Network
- In-depth knowledge of OSPF and BGP with experience
administering these protocols in large, distributed network
- Knowledge of Datacenter Equipment (Cisco Nexus, ASR
- Deep understanding of IP networks in datacenters and across
wide area networks
- Experience working with Security Devices (FW,VPN), Load
- Experience working with SDN (VMware NSX, Cisco ACI)
- Experience building HLD & LLD documents in your area of
- Experience specific to AWS or Microsoft Azure Platform
- Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- High level of comfort performing white boarding sessions and
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM,
- Deep understanding of data center infrastructure including
servers, SAN, switching
- Familiarity with Business-Critical Applications including SQL,
Oracle, and Exchange
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with containers including Docker/Kubernetes
- Familiarity DR/Replication technology (storage replication,
VMware SRM, RecoverPoint, Zerto, etc)
- Administrator-level familiarity with common enterprise
operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Server, IBM AIX, Linux,
- Consulting experience preferred
- Familiarity with security solutions and products (Palo Alto,
Sophos, Check Point, Cisco, etc)
- Experience with Big Data technologies a plus
- Strong skills with Microsoft technology stack (Active
Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Skype, Office 365, etc)
- Multiple industry-recognized Certifications. i.e.: CCIE, VCP,
NACP, CISSP, Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect,
Professional, Microsoft MCSE Cloud Platform Infrastructure, Cisco
Certified CCNP or higher certification, Cisco NSX
training/experience, VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or higher
certification Physical Requirements of Position: Ability of finger
dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as
typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together.
Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands
and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must
convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately,
loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear
average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity
necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate
machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most
of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 - 20 pounds of
force occasionally. ePlus is an equal opportunity employer and does
not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law. ePlus promotes affirmative action for
minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Keywords: ePlus Technology, Inc., Milpitas , Lead Hybrid Cloud Technical Architect - Open to Remote Candidates, IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!