Staff Engineer, System Design (Wireless)
Company: Renesas Electronics Corporation
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Country/Region: US State: CA City: Milpitas Department: Business
Unit: IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit Office: Milpitas Job
Function: Hardware (Digital) Job Type: Permanent Description: Staff
Engr, System Design (Wireless), IoT Business Unit Milpitas, CA Job
Description: Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic,
multi-cultural technology company where employees can learn, mentor
and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of
a multi-billion-dollar global operation and the flexibility and
velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies
for the latest advances in mobile and cloud computing, secured
connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes, factories and
more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the
major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what's
next in electronics. This is an opportunity to work with a Hand-on
Systems Engineering team advancing ARM MCU-based Wireless and Cloud
- Architect, define, and develop system level applications
utilizing a structured SW platform on MCU (ARM and
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to develop MCU based
embedded systems showcasing cutting-edge technology and solutions
focusing on Cloud based and Wireless communication solutions.
- Development and implementation of connectivity to cloud
services through wired and wireless communication networks and
build proof-of-concept (PoC) to integrate with edge layer
- Work closely with analog/RF IC designers and partners to
characterize and calibrate wireless reference designs based on real
- Define and validate optimal operation of wireless system in
collaboration with other cross functional members such as RFIC
Circuit Design Engineers and partners, Application Engineers, and
Product Managers and Engineers.
- Ensure the feasibility, functionality, compatibility and
integration with existing wireless HW and SW platforms towards
creating a system level solution.
- Participate in Design Reviews of MCU-based wireless modules,
boards, and firmware/software stacks.
- Develop solutions in cooperation with 3rd party partners.
- Create technical documentation supporting reference designs and
- BS in EE or CE with focus on Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless
Communication, or Embedded System Design desired. MS Preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in designing, developing, testing, and
debugging Systems and Applications with 8, 16, and 32-bit MCU-based
designs with and without real-time operating systems.
- 4+ years' experience with Wireless SoCs, and developing systems
communicating data over BLE, Zigbee, WiFi, LTE, NB-IoT, or UWB
- Design and Develop Firmware in C/C++ for interfacing and
processing data from sensors, signal conditioning systems, and
other digital sub-systems. Develop firmware in a continuous
integration and release environment.
- Deep understanding of processors architectures, and
- Hands-on experience with engineering lab equipment and test
techniques required for digital validation. Comfortable with
reviewing schematics and PCB layout related to RF design.
- Experience with Radio test equipment is a must (spectrum
analyzers, Vector Network analyzers, signal generators, phase noise
analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM's, etc).
- Familiar with Physical Layer functionality for wireless systems
in areas such as detection, synchronization, channel
coding/decoding, antenna design, etc.
- Experience with IOT technologies connecting device to cloud
services using wireless communication, Low Power operation, and
Security is advantageous. Additional Desired Qualities:
- Knowledge of wireless and RF measurement and calibration
- Experience with wireless parameter optimization for low power
operation and use cases.
- Familiarity with assembly language, Python, and Git.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills. Ability to
clearly communicate ideas and interpret product/project
requirements and objectives.
- Inclination towards implementing engineering processes to
ensure high quality designs.
- Experience working with remote teams. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Renesas Electronics Corporation, Milpitas , Staff Engineer, System Design (Wireless), IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!