Software Development Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Your role will be Software Development Engineer and you will be
part of world-class Software engineering team that works on various
cutting edge technologies in switching. Opportunity to work with
leading edge networking technologies in the areas of high speed,
high performance switches for Access/Campus market
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing
to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing
large-scale systems in C/C++ environments is preferred.
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher
standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is
- In-depth experience designing networking systems with L2, L3
and VXLAN (Overlay) technologies
- Experience with peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI,
high-speed serial interfaces).
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the
development of software for our next generation Campus switching
architectures. Define, Architect, design, and deliver new software
and features for the Campus switching platforms
- Day to day activities will involve creating new features,
understanding features in a competitive product and proposing
solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design
specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your
code, helping review specifications and code for other software
engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the
configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You'll Work With?
- Enterprise Access Switching Group in Cisco is the industry
leader in enterprise networking with a proven track record in
building innovative wired and wireless solutions. This particular
position is in the Wired Software Test team.
- Who You Are
- Minimum qualification
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related
experience or BSEE/CS combined with 8-10+ years of experience
- Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience.
Good understanding of various networking protocols and
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging
complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till
resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to work cross-functionally.
- Desired Skills:
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work
independently with minimal managerial oversight.
- Have experience in customer deployments
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve
overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to
overall test strategies
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive
future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners
is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread
of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the
pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related
travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting
third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and
Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law,
and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required
accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons
as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with
applicable law. Additional information will be provided to
candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the
offer time based on region.
Keywords: Cisco, Milpitas , Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!