Senior Systems Administrator
Posted on: March 14, 2023
The Impact You'll Make
- The Senior Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for
the operations, administration, and maintenance of the various IT
and Cloud Infrastructure platforms, including but not limited to -
Physical and Virtual Server Infrastructure, Endpoints, Storage,
Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services, Enterprise
Collaboration Platforms (Box, Google workspace, Microsoft Cloud),
Network Infrastructure including on-premise and cloud-based
- In addition, the responsibilities include design assistance
configuration and troubleshooting all of the infrastructures listed
- The Senior Systems Administrator will work closely with our
Engineers to ensure the design of any solutions meet the functional
and non-functional requirements, leads the operationalization of
the solution, and produces run books to ensure the solutions can be
operated to adhere to the service level objectives.
- In addition, the Senior Systems Administrator ensures the
configuration of operational monitoring tools and remediation
methods (proactive and reactive support models).
- Daily activities also include monitoring and managing the
security posture of critical technical infrastructure across cloud
and on-premises environments.
- The Senior Systems Administrator must provide on-call services
to ensure appropriate responses to critical IT and Cloud
The Team You'll Join
You will join the IT team at Recursion. A group of IT Specialists,
Systems Admins/engineers focused on helping Recursion to move fast
while still being secure. You will work with teammates across the
Recursion departments, determining the right path forward and how
we get there. Must demonstrate the ability to manage and maintain
Networking, Server, and Storage infrastructure.
The Experience You'll Need
- 7+ years of progressive systems administration
- Extensive knowledge of automating processes with proficiency in
at least 1 industry standard automation tool
- Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of Storage solutions, SMB and NFS,
- In-Depth experience with Networking, including firewalls,
switches, routers, and wireless access points
- Experience with Windows, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and
associated Windows services
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting
- Proven capability to take ownership of assigned
- Excellent project management skills
Keywords: Recursion, Milpitas , Senior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...