Principal Engineer, System Design Engineering
Company: Western Digital Corporation
Posted on: April 1, 2021
- Perform flash storage based 3D NAND systems design, analysis,
integration and verification from product definition and planning
through production and release. For examples:
- Analyzing product level read/write requirements to come up with
3D NAND system level design features to meet product
- Design the system features to handle NAND defects.
- Write specifications and create flows for firmware team for new
system design features.
- Test bench validation for the system flow designed on actual
drives using state of art 3D memories.
- Responsible for flash system level behavior--characterizations.
Create Python scripts to do big data analysis done for NAND
- Provides feedbacks on new 3D NAND system features for next
generation memory developments.-- REQUIRED:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or
Solid-State Physics with minimum 6+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of NAND flash is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend complex technical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Knowledge of programming in high level languages (e.g. C, C++,
Python) is a plus. ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL--
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once,
it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we're
helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a
way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and
governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need
to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges
require your exceptional skills. It's You & Us. Together, we're the
next big thing in data.
Western Digital-- data-centric solutions are found under the
G-Technology---, SanDisk--, Upthere---, and WD-- brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming
standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender
(including a person's gender identity, gender expression, and
gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not
stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at
birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical
condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status),
physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air
Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally
protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any
individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our
non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We
comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal
Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For
more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.
#LI-RZ2 NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports
of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital's behalf
as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be
aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request
payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an
offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please
report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keywords: Western Digital Corporation, Milpitas , Principal Engineer, System Design Engineering , Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!