Desktop System Specialist in Milpitas, CA.
Company: OSI Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
- Work on SNOW ticketing queue; creating help desk tickets;
notifying team members via email when taking an open request and
when the request is completed.
- Support onsite (Zoom) conference rooms; setting up conference
rooms to use technology services (e.g. presentations, network
connections, and audio/visual); performing daily checks of
conference rooms to ensure all equipment is working properly
- Support and handle new hire tasks; provision new systems for
replacement and new hires setup.
- Service End-User Walk-Ups and by Phone.
- Assists in determining suitable software and/or hardware to
meet user requirements.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies
network problems when they relate to personal (desktop or laptop)
- Performing regular maintenance on PC equipment such as
computers, notebook computers, printers, and auto-switches;
scanning computers for viruses
- Maintaining an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software
- Providing relocation of PC systems as needed.
- Meeting and coordinating with other local Technology department
members on product installation, training, and support.
- Coordinating with other areas and departments of the firm where
overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications
to streamline processes regarding product installation, training,
and support to satisfy various department needs.
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as
- Documentation; write and update documentation of all IT/Systems
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an
organization's computer users about basic and specialized
- 5+ years of experience in related field; supporting end-users
(in person) in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of WIN 7/10.
- Be able to troubleshoot; WIN 7/10, Office 365,
computers/laptops SW and HW (on windows).
- Be able to troubleshoot video conference rooms.
- Communication skills; be able to assist users and explain issue
in non-technical terms for user to understand and communication
clearly with other team members verbally, written, and process flow
- Excellent customer service skills, strong attention to details
with excellent follow up is preferred, with a sense of urgency
daily interaction with user and team.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Able to lift to 40+ pounds of technical equipment.
- Knowledge of network implementation, server hardware, software
installation, and maintenance, in coordination with other corporate
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices.
- 4-years college degree in relevant field.
- Mac knowledge.
- IT COMPTIA certifications with 2+ years of experience.
- General knowledge of networking such as TCP/IP routing on WANs
and LANs, switches, firewalls, VPN's, SAN and wireless.
Location: Milpitas, CA.Duration: 18+ months.Type: Contract.
David Gutierrez x110OSIJOBS
Keywords: OSI Engineering, Inc., Milpitas , Desktop System Specialist in Milpitas, CA., Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!