Company: Nanometrics Incorporated
Posted on: June 2, 2021
The Company: Onto Innovation is a leader in process control,
combining global scale with an expanded portfolio of leading-edge
technologies that include: 3D metrology spanning the chip from
nanometer-scale transistors to micron-level die-interconnects;
macro defect inspection of wafers and packages; metal interconnect
composition; factory analytics; and lithography for advanced
semiconductor packaging. Our breadth of offerings across the entire
semiconductor value chain help our customers solve their most
difficult yield, device performance, quality, and reliability
Onto Innovation is seeking a high-energy individual responsible
for advanced metrology product development in our Metrology
Business Unit. This position shall be based out of our Milpitas,
Structure: This position reports to the Sr. Director of R &
Overview: The mission of the System Scientist is to help drive
the development of novel optical-metrology technologies and
As the System Scientist you will be part of an R&D team
exploring and developing novel optical metrology concepts. Duties
- Concept development and feasibility studies
- Modeling of the physics and quantitative predictions of
- Breadboard construction and experimental designs that quantify
performance and compare to predictions
- Refinement and optimization of system design and tolerance
- Definition of mechanical, electrical, and SW requirements for a
- Assistance in Engineering-prototype design and
On occasion, you will also work with teams from Engineering and
Applications, particularly during a technology transition from
R&D to product development. You may interface with marketing &
applications to define the system performance goals, and with
hardware and software engineering to define sub-system
Experience and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with
strong technical capabilities as well as a pragmatic,
- Applicant will have a post-graduate degree in optical
engineering, physics, EE or other relevant discipline. Ph.D. is
- Must be comfortable working with team members covering a wide
range of engineering and scientific disciplines.
- Should have hands-on experience in the design and construction
of optical instrumentation.
- Be proficient in Matlab.
- Experience with semiconductor capital instrumentation.
- Knowledge in spectroscopic ellipsometry, reflectometry, or
- Experience using LabVIEW or ZEMAX.
- Strong sense of initiative, ownership and desire to be part of
a winning team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on
accurate, quantitative, and timely analyses.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication
Onto Innovation is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We offer
competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including
health/dental/vision/life/disability, PTO, 401K plan with employer
match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) along with
health & wellness initiatives.
We provide a collaborative working environment along with
resources, and state-of-the-art tools & equipment to promote
success; and a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture where
individuals are recognized for their contributions.
Keywords: Nanometrics Incorporated, Milpitas , System Scientist, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!