Senior Optomechanical Design Engineer
Posted on: June 9, 2021
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the
semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic
device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop,
smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible
screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands
without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing
of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed
circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and
devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration,
research and development. KLA focuses more than average on
innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D.
Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and
problem-solvers work together with the world's leading technology
providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow's electronic
devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling
really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience,
chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs
ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and
cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip
design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for
creating all of KLA's metrology and inspection products, is looking
for the best and the brightest research scientist, software
engineers, application development engineers, and senior product
technology process engineers. The RAPID division is the world
leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the
semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions
to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that
lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling
- High-autonomy design of innovative precision mechanisms, optics
modules, and subsystems of next generation cutting edge reticle
- Use of a wide variety of your skills (designing for high
stiffness, sub-micron motion, and mK thermal control, using exotic
materials in ultra-clean & ultra-high vacuum)
- Work closely with world class suppliers to meet challenging
- Follow & be supported by documented product development
- Collaborate with other engineering groups such as Optics
engineers, Systems engineers and Manufacturing + Service engineers
to ensure flawless integration and test at the subsystem and system
Design challenges may include:
- Optomechanical & precision mechanism design
- Design for functionality in ultra-high and ultra-clean
- Precision stage and actuation/adjustment design
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving
- Minimum 5 years work experience in 3D solid modeling
- Minimum 3 years work experience in precision design including:
Kinematic constraints, high stiffness, low induced stresses,
thermally stable, FEA, GD&T
- Ability to lead small design team desirable.
- Strong background in the design of mechanisms.
- Basic understanding of optical subsystems.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes including machining,
sheet metal fabrication, welding fabrication and castings.
- Team player, who takes initiative and demonstrates perseverance
and a drive to be better.
- Creo (ProEngineer) skill strongly preferred.
- Experience in several of these areas is desirable:
opto-mechanical systems, ultra-high vacuum systems, motion control,
electronics, data acquisition systems such as LabView,
instrumentation, tooling & test fixture design, supplier
management, new product introduction
- Experience in some or all of the following: structural,
thermal, and fluid flow CFD modeling (Pro/Mechanica, ANSYS, CF
Design skill strongly preferred).
- Doctorate (Academic) or work experience of 5 years , Master's
Level Degree or work experience of 6 years , Bachelor's Level
Degree or work experience of 7 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package.
We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive
environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the
diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status
or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure
that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
Keywords: Kla-tencor, Milpitas , Senior Optomechanical Design Engineer, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!