Technical Program Manager - SDWAN
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Technical Program Manager
The Intent Based Networking Group (IBNG) Operations and
Solutions team is responsible for Strategic Execution, Planning,
PMO, Business Operations and Customer Solutions Testing. We drive
initiatives from conception to execution, cultivating alignment
across theatres, segments and functions. We seek excellence and
consistency in program management practices with the ultimate goal
of accelerating Cisco's growth.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager who can help to
realize strategic business benefits, achieve strategic objectives,
and execute operational efficiencies. You will build
cross-functional partnerships to plan, direct and coordinate
complex engineering programs.
You are an inquisitive, a keen problem solver, and able to work
close with your stakeholders.
- Drive and own full program life cycle from initiation to
deployment. Develop and manage medium to complex multi-functional
program schedules, identify risks, manage scope and resource
changes and monitor progress against plan.
- Identify, call out and drive resolution of issues that affect
program schedule and feature scope.
- Define, generate, and assess metrics and key performance
indicators for the program. Provide all necessary data to support
critical decision-making through fact-based analysis.
- Ensure effective communication within multi-functional teams:
Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA and Release
- Your role requires strong people, data and communications; it
requires excellent leadership, critical thinking, independence,
organizational excellence, data analysis, presentation and
- Have a good understanding of Networking fundamentals and
Protocols. Experience working on medium to large-scale Enterprise
- Experience in SD-WAN and Cloud technologies is a plus.
- Proactively establish practices, templates, policies, tools and
partnerships that impact the Enterprise Routing.
- Comfortable interpreting data to translate and present as
- Participate and facilitate teams working through technical
challenges and decisions.Experience contributing to design and
architecture discussions and test strategies.
- Experience with Software Development and Release Management
experience a plus.
- Tackle complex problems and drive programs and solutions for
solving those problems
- Work independently to design, plan, and execute technical
projects; distill data and articulate rationale for making
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
equivalent technical discipline
- 8+ years meaningful experience in networking/technology
industry, with 5+ years in a Program Management position and a
demonstrated history and ability to take a leadership role in
- Proven history of driving successful programs and leading
change with your programs.
- Outstanding written, presentation, and verbal communication
- Practical work experience with Waterfall and Agile development
- Strong technical proficiency: Cloud Architecture, Development
and Deployment, Build & Release systems. Bonus points for past
- Proven ability to influence your business partners and
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve
overall program teams efficiency. Experience in a project/solution
leadership position preferred.
- Experience with Data Analysis and data visualization tools
- Experience in defining system requirements, building,
integrating, and delivering medium to large-scale Networking
Systems and Infrastructure.
- Programming experience in Software Development or Test highly
- Deep expertise in SDWAN, Cloud Deployments, and Network
Architecture is a plus.
- Experience driving Quality Initiatives with good understanding
of underlying metrics.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our
talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an
inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best,
give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back
is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and
take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and
a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your
ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us
are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., Milpitas , Technical Program Manager - SDWAN, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!