Firmware Engineer III
Company: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2021
A company in the Milpitas, CA area is seeking an experienced
Firmware Engineer. In this position, you will design, modify, and
evaluate embedded software, and/or programmable logic and/or
electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in
electronic equipment and devices. You will perform engineering work
in basic and applied research, development, and/or design of new
products and/or sustaining of existing products. Some essential
- Designs product firmware to meet specific customer requirements.
Includes critical timing issues, complex algorithms, configuration
strategies, and interface strategies.
- Provides detailed technical documentation including
specifications, block diagrams, and test reports.
- Review and provide feedback on circuit modifications, test plans,
and test results for AEs control and communications modules
- Design embedded software to support EtherCAT communications and
other industrial protocols.
- Provide on-site support, training, and scope definition for key
customers in the area.
- Creates test scripts for embedded software
- Working knowledge of RTOS and Python
- Knowledge of mixed signal data acquisition systems
- Working knowledge of C and C++
- Expert experience programming in VHDL
- Experience with Xilinx Spartan, Xilinx Vivado, and/or Xilinx
- Serial communication devices and protocols
- Experience with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Minimum of 5 years of real-time embedded software design
- Must be willing to work on-site at customer location and support
customer programs with travel between Milpitas and Santa Clara
- Strong and articulate communication skills and an ability to be
front facing with clients and customers
Keywords: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., Milpitas , Firmware Engineer III, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!