Life Science Research Professional 1
Company: Stanford Medicine
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Research
Professional 1 to perform basic functions as a histotechnologist in
activities involved in research projects, and independently perform
and judge the acceptability of results for Stanford
- Plan approach to histotechnical tasks in support of research
projects in Stanford labs.
- Apply the theories and methods of histotechnology to interpret
and perform analyses of experiment results; offer suggestions
regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in
collaboration with senior researchers.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with
new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in
the preparation of written documents, including procedures.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab
stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide
general lab support as needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students
on lab procedures or techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and/or
eligibility for histotechnology certification by the American Board
of Clinical Pathology
- Basic competency in routine histotechnology, including
processing of tissues for sectioning, staining and labeling
Education & Experience (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated
performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science
principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
accurately complete detailed work.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp
lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform
desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift,
carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders,
sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder
level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 75% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 25% of a
typical working day.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 89672 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Milpitas , Life Science Research Professional 1, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!