Part-Time Security Guard (unarmed)
Company: Work World
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Work World is the largest specialty retailer of workwear and
work boots in the Western U.S. From humble beginnings in 1990, we
now operate 30+ stores under the Work World and Whistle Workwear
brand names California, Nevada, and Washington. We sell boots,
apparel, scrubs and safety gear from top vendors in the industry
including Carhartt, Wolverine, Timberland Pro, and more.
We are dedicated to putting our customers first, and we believe
blue collar workers are the backbone of our communities and our
country. We are committed to our values of honesty, respect and
integrity, and require each employee to demonstrate these
We're excited to add to our team. Work World is growing and we need
your help. Join our crew and help lead the next stage of growth for
our company. We are looking for a part-time, unarmed, Security
Guard's to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the
Store Manager and Retail Sales Associates, maintain a safe business
environment, and provide conflict resolution and strong customer
service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed at the building
entrance and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the
store and in the parking lot. Performs other duties as
What it's like working here
Each store operates on a lean and close-knit group of team members
and managers. This enables each employee to have a direct impact in
the success of our company.
What you will need
- Previous security training or expereince.
- Skilled at de-escalation and conflict resolution inside and
outside of the store.
- History of regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
Your duties will include
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the # 1 priority.
- Acknowledge Customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon
Customer's entry into the area.
- Monitor high shortage areas. May perform audit functions
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft
incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits,
and other activities as assigned by the Store Manager
- Appropriately apply knowledge of and maintain strict compliance
with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions,
searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and
- Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be
- Involves moving and/or lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to use restraints in an apprehension.
Why you should apply
Work World employees are unique individuals whose varied talents
and experiences bring value to our customers. The diversity and
ideas of our employees inspire us in everything we do. People are
at the heart of every connection we build, and together we can
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k retirement plan
- Generous Employee Discounts Associated topics: canine
detection, casino, explosive detection, metal detection, protect,
public safety, public safety officer, school, security,
Keywords: Work World, Milpitas , Part-Time Security Guard (unarmed), Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!