Senior/Staff RF Systems Engineer
Company: Tarana Wireless, Inc.
Posted on: July 27, 2022
It is a super exciting time to join Tarana Wireless, as we are
poised to disrupt the fixed wireless internet delivery ecosystem.
Tarana is playing a vital role in closing the digital divide by
providing a fiber-class wireless alternative to suburban and rural
markets, as demonstrated through the tremendous success of our
next-generation fixed wireless technology products. Years of
R&D and prototyping have led to the successful commercial
release of our G1 products built with custom in-house designed
ASICs, RFICs and a proprietary protocol stack.Our ideal candidate
for this position is a hands-on, self-driven RF systems expert with
a good end-to-end understanding of wireless transceivers. In this
role, you will drive characterization of our RF HW, optimize
performance of G1 transceivers and influence technology and
development of next-generation products. In addition, you will also
be instrumental in the design and development of scalable test
methodologies in our automated framework to quickly characterize
board variants, identify trends and optimize RF performance with a
goal of achieving the best product KPIs.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define target specifications of RF chains, and drive RF
characterization efforts to meet the specifications.
- Establish performance metrics and a process for efficient
calibration of RF HW, execute on it with an eventual additional
goal of improving manufacturing efficiency.
- Identify and influence improvements to system performance.
- Partner with modem system engineers, RF engineers, FW engineers
and test engineers to optimize end-to-end system performance.
- Provide systems engineering input to RF board design,
schematics, and layout.
- Establish an automated process via which boards get quickly
qualified, board variations are identified and understood.
- Develop an end-to-end system understanding of Tarana products
and be able to diagnose RF and mixed-signal issues using observable
results and metrics from product level tests and manufacturing
- Support test engineers to develop and refine an automation
framework to characterize boards and extract relevant metrics for
analysis.REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD EE with 3+ years or MS EE with 7+ years of relevant
- Strong foundation in wireless radio receiver/transmitter
architecture, sampling theory and signal processing
- Excellent understanding of RF impairments, their impact on
transceiver performance and calibration / compensation
- Experience defining performance metrics and specifications, and
optimizing performance from a standpoint of interference, phase
noise, image rejection, co-existence etc
- Good understanding of receiver state machines/control loops,
associated algorithms and design trade-offs
- Hands-on engineer and a problem-solver who can drive
characterization, triage and enhancements to drive superior modem
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as signal generators,
spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers and network analyzers
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills and a
- Comfortable using python for instrumentation and
- Experience with link budgeting (noise-figure, implementation
losses), gain table design, calibration state machine design, PLL
loop filter design for phase noise optimization, multi-radio
- Experience productizing OFDM MIMO based wireless radio
products, such as WiFi, LTE, 5G
- RF board bring-up experienceSince our founding in 2009, we've
been on a mission to accelerate the pace of bringing fast and
affordable internet access - and all the benefits it provides - to
the 90% of the world's households who can't get it. Through a
decade of R&D and more than $400M of investment, we've created
an entirely unique next-generation fixed wireless access
technology, powering our first commercial platform, Gigabit 1 (G1).
It delivers a game-changing advance in broadband economics in both
mainstream and underserved markets, using either licensed or
unlicensed spectrum. G1 started production in mid 2021 and has now
been installed by over 160 service providers globally. We're
headquartered in Milpitas, California, with additional research and
development in Pune, India.G1 has been developed by an incredibly
talented and pioneering core technical team. We are looking for
more world-class problem solvers who can carry on our tradition of
customer obsession and ground-breaking innovation. We're well
funded, growing incredibly quickly, maintaining a superb
results-focused culture while we're at it, and all grooving on the
positive difference we are making for people all over the planet.
If you want to help make a real difference in this world, apply
Keywords: Tarana Wireless, Inc., Milpitas , Senior/Staff RF Systems Engineer, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!