Veterans Preferred - Operations Supervisor - Landfill
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -The work shift for this
position is Monday - Friday; 5 am to 3 pm POSITION SUMMARY: -
Within a division, the Operations Supervisor - Landfill is
responsible for supervising a team of Lead Operators, Operators
and/or General Laborers who contribute to the efficient operation
of the landfill. - The Operations Supervisor - Landfill is
responsible for ensuring that fill sequencing plans are adhered to,
density goals are achieved and that the landfill is operated in a
manner consistent with the stipulated applicable permit. - The
Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager and General
Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional
excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor
ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads
operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental,
operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards.
Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety,
Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of
employee engagement.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES:Safety
- Understand and provider leadership to achieve and communicate
about safety goals and objectives. - - - --- Work to remove unsafe
conditions or situations from - or related to the landfill.
- Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment
remains in working order and in compliance with safety
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a
culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe
operations and active personal outreach to operational
- Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer
expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and
schedule changes with timely communications to all
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and
improve the overall customer experience.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive
customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.Efficiency
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to
operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses
per established and agreed plans.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the
division's budgeted goals.
- Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively
supporting maintenance and - the operational role in fleet quality
and maintenance.Employee Engagement
- Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and
drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees'
career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for
advancement with the Company.
- Perform other job related duties as needed or
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- Participation in the Company's management trainee program.
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field.
- Experience in labor relations.
- State certification as required by regulation.
- Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory
experience.#LI-LS1#Landfill Why choose Republic?Joining Republic
isn't just about taking on a new job, it's about making a
commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people
provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers,
neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.As a company, we are
proud of our values and encourage those who share in our
aspirations to join our team: - We protect our colleagues and
communities through safe practices everywhere, every day. - We are
committed to serving our customers and communities by going above
and beyond to exceed expectations. - We take action to improve
neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible
and creating a more sustainable world. - We are driven to deliver
results in the right way. - We encourage a human centered culture
that honors the unique potential and dignity of every
person.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. - Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Milpitas , Veterans Preferred - Operations Supervisor - Landfill, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!