Desktop Systems Specialist
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Desktop Systems Specialist 4
with our client in their Milpitas, CA location. This is a 12 month
+ contract position.
- Role requiring senior level person to jump in and work with IT
- Work on SNOW ticketing queue; creating help desk tickets;
notifying team members via email when taking an open request and
when the request is completed.
- Support onsite (Zoom) conference rooms; setting up conference
rooms to use technology services (e.g., presentations, network
connections, and audio/visual); performing daily checks of
conference rooms to ensure all equipment is working
- Support and handle new hire tasks, provision new systems for
replacement and new hires setup.
- Service End-User Walk-Ups and by Phone.
- Assists in determining suitable software and/or hardware to
meet user requirements.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies
network problems when they relate to personal (desktop or laptop)
- Performing regular maintenance on PC equipment such as
computers, notebook computers, printers, and auto-switches;
scanning computers for viruses.
- Maintaining an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software
- Providing relocation of PC systems as needed.
- Meeting and coordinating with other local Technology department
members on product installation, training, and support.
- Coordinating with other areas and departments of the firm where
overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications
to streamline processes regarding product installation, training,
and support to satisfy various department needs.
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as
- Documentation; write and update documentation of all IT/Systems
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an
organization's computer users about basic and specialized
- 5+ years of experience in related field; supporting end-users
(in person) in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of WIN 7/10.
- Be able to troubleshoot; WIN 7/10, Office 365,
computers/laptops SW and HW (on windows).
- Be able to troubleshoot video conference rooms.
- Communication skills: be able to assist users and explain issue
in non-technical terms for user to understand and communication
clearly with other team members verbally, written, and process flow
- Excellent customer service skills, strong attention to details
with excellent follow up is preferred, with a sense of urgency
daily interaction with user and team.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Able to lift to 40+ pounds of technical equipment.
- Knowledge of network implementation, server hardware, software
installation, and maintenance, in coordination with other corporate
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as
Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
Nice to have:
- 4-year college degree in relevant field.
- Mac knowledge.
- IT COMPTIA certifications; 2+years.
- General knowledge of networking such as TCP/IP routing on WANs
and LANs, switches, firewalls, VPN's, SAN and wireless.
Pay rate range: $27.33 - $37.56 hourly
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this
exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry
Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of
consultants and employees to work across the United States every
year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles.
With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to
many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market
organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with
Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our
consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7
years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness &
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top
Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance,
as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for
Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our
available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive
consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Genesis10, Milpitas , Desktop Systems Specialist, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!