Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services,
partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world. -We
are Sustainability in Action - our promise to be environmentally
responsible and to help our customers be environmentally
responsible too. -Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isn't just
about taking on a new job, it's about making a commitment to create
a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere. -As a company, we are proud of our values
and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.POSITION SUMMARY: The
Environmental Specialist supports the Environmental Manager in the
collection and reporting of data and is responsible for the
operation of environmental systems in a direct and/or supervisory
role. The Environmental Specialist may supervise and interact with
field staff on a variety of construction and technical issues
across multiple divisions.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, reports, and tracks environmental monitoring at
relevant locations. May be responsible for completing and
maintaining facility operating records. Activities could include
conducting storm water compliance inspections, sampling, reporting
and training in accordance with the existing facility-specifics
Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) and the general
provision of the Industrial Storm Water General Permit
- Performs ongoing public relations and due diligence activities
through communication with Division and Business Unit management as
well as regulatory agency representatives.
- In conjunction with the Environmental Manager, performs site
audits, completes and analyzes monthly environmental reports and
other status reports as well as assisting with completing or
managing required environmental sampling and reporting.
- Performs and oversees activities related to rolling out and
completing necessary projects.
- Conducts and supervises landfill monitoring, operation and
maintenance of gas extraction or leachate management systems.
- Oversees and works with outside vendors handling environmental
systems and makes recommendations regarding vendor activities.
- Ensures continued compliance by coordinating air and water
monitoring, environmental data review and reporting and compliance
- Conducts and coordinates formal and informal environmental
training for Environmental Technicians, Landfill Managers, and
- May assist with project management duties associated with
construction projects, including but not limited to, tracking
construction progresss and compliance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certified Professional Engineer and/or Certified Professional
Geologist designation obtained or in progress.
- Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to
air, water, solid waste, and material recovery/recycling.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of
the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to the
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents,
professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotoes the Company's safety standards; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology or related
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in landfill operations or
environment.#LI-LS1Rewarding Compensation and BenefitsEligible
employees can elect to participate in:--- Comprehensive medical
benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.--- Health care
and dependent care spending accounts. ---- Short- and long-term
disability.--- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment
insurance.--- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).---
Employee discount programs.--- 401(k) plan with a generous company
match.--- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).The statements used
herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the
work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. -
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and
are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.Republic
Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, relationship or association with a protected veteran
(spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Republic Services, Milpitas , Environmental Specialist, Other , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!