Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Kla Corporation
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the
limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At
KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and
tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most
advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor
and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by
pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of
finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We
create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture
high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the
tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own
faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that
drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without
us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience,
chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs
ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and
cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip
design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for
creating all of KLA s metrology and inspection products, is looking
for the best and the brightest research scientist, software
engineers, application development engineers, and senior product
technology process engineers.
The LS-SWIFT Division of KLA s Global Products Group provides
patterned wafer inspection systems for high-volume semiconductor
manufacturing. Its mission is to deliver market-leading cost of
ownership in defect detection for a broad range of applications in
the production of semiconductors. Customers from the foundry,
logic, memory, automotive, MEMS, advanced packaging and other
markets rely upon high-sample wafer inspection information
generated by LS-SWIFT products.
LS (Laser Scanning) systems enable cost-effective patterned wafer
defect detection for the industry s most sophisticated process
technologies deployed in leading-edge foundry, logic, DRAM, and
NAND fabs. SWIFT (Simultaneous Wafer Inspection at Fast Throughput)
systems deliver all-wafer-surface (frontside, backside, and edge)
macro inspection that is critical for automotive IC, MEMS, and
advanced packaging processes as well as foundry/logic and memory
LS-SWIFT operates from a global footprint that includes the US,
Singapore, India and Germany, and serves a worldwide customer base
across Asia, Europe and North America.
* Independently develop major product features on an FPGA and
support complex projects to meet technology, performance, and
* Understand and capture the project specifications and performance
requirements on FPGA level.
* Propose and develop RTL code in HDL, modify and integrate the
existing IP cores to achieve the desired functionality.
* Develop testbenches, perform functional and/or post layout
simulations, timing analysis/closure, FPGA verification and
validate on sensor characterization system.
* Collaborate with hardware engineer, research scientist, sensor
design and characterization experts to develop the sensor
characterization solution and ensure flawless integration test at
the subsystem and/or system level.
* Document the design information and control the firmware source
* Advise and assist the less experienced electrical design
* 7+ years relevant industry experience as a Design Engineer
* Deep understanding and extensive experience in FPGA design
including simulation, timing analysis and verification testbench
* Hands on experience in development of FPGA from concept to
production (spec, register definition and coding, Verilog RTL,
synthesis, timing closure, debug, release to MFG)
* Proficient in HDL language (System Verilog, Verilog).
* Familiar with FPGA development tools, such as Vivado or Quartus
* Experience with large scale FPGA (Xilinx UltraScale+ or Intel
Stratix 10) development and using complex FPGA IPs such as embedded
processors (ARM/MicroBlaze), Ethernet MAC, PCIe interface and DDR
memory controller is a plus.
* Experience with digital signal processing and working knowledge
of 10G serdes operation
* Knowledge and experience in SOC software development (C/C++
application and driver on embedded Linux) is a plus.
* Comfortable with lab equipment like logic analyzer, oscilloscope
* Team player with good communication skills.
* Strong technical project management skills
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience. OR
Master's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered
for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Kla Corporation, Milpitas , Electrical Design Engineer, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!