Loss Prevention Lead - Great Mall/Bay Area
Company: Gap Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2021
About Gap Inc. Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the
world.---Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone---has
access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes
the potential of every woman,---regardless of body size, age or
ethnicity. Banana---Republic believes in sustainable luxury for
all. And Gap---inspires the world to bring individuality to modern,
responsibly made---essentials.------------ This simple idea—that we
all deserve to belong,---and on our own terms—is core to who we are
as a---company and how we make decisions.---Our team is made up of
thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and
do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.---Ready
to------learn fast, create with audacity---and lead boldly? Join
our team.About the roleResponsible for protecting the assets of the
company and ensuring a safe environment for our employees and
customers. Utilizes the tools and resources available to initiate
and follow through on internal investigations. Work closely with
store management to increase LP awareness, maintain operational
excellence and minimize the overall losses to their assigned area
of responsibility.What you'll do
- Positively demonstrate the company's Core Values by developing
trust and respect among peers and management.
- At the direction of the District Loss Prevention Manager or
other supervising party, assist with and oversee the implementation
of the awareness programs, conduct program evaluations regularly,
including Target Store visits on an as-needed basis.
- At the direction of the District Loss Prevention Manager or
other supervising party, work with store personnel to identify
inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations
at the direction of Area Loss Prevention Manager/District Loss
- Act as a witness during any loss prevention interviews as
conducted by the Regional Loss Prevention Manager, Area
Investigator or District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions following company
apprehension policies. Support respective agent population in the
adherence to company guidelines regarding apprehension-related
- Utilize company tools to audit policy and procedures related to
internal controls and communicate findings to immediate supervisor
as well as with the store leadership team.
- Work with Organized Retail Crime Manager to identify and combat
external crime rings by participating in and overseeing the
development of cases on Habitual Offenders. Ensure that appropriate
level of visibility to Habitual Offenders and Organized Retail
crime rings is maintained, and proactively work to identify
opportunities to address issues.
- Partner on a regular basis with Loss Prevention team members
from cross-brands to share external intelligence and best practices
and inform business partners as appropriate.
- Participate in area Loss Prevention networks to develop
professional relationships with peer retailers, mall/center
security and law enforcement.
- Collect weekly statistics from the Loss Prevention Agent
population, review incident reports to ensure compliance with loss
prevention standards and ensure appropriate reporting to the
District Loss Prevention Manager or other supervising party.
- Work in your assigned area completing tasks and assignments as
directed by the District Loss Prevention Manager or other
- Assist DLPM or other supervising party in the recruiting,
hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel.
- Actively participate in NEO classes and storewide and
individual sales associate meetings to educate employees on matters
of Loss Prevention and safety procedures.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources
to your business partners (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Loss
Prevention awareness center, awareness programs etc.).
- Educate store staff on Organized Retail Crime techniques,
trends and preventative measures.
- Assist the District Loss Prevention Manager in communicating
and ensuring the understanding of the roles and responsibilities of
the Loss Prevention Agent to the Store Leadership Teams.
- Train the Store Leadership Teams on how to handle difficult and
escalated customer situations.
- Work with management to ensure operational compliance.
- Work with store management to complete operational audits,
ensuring that store physical security standards (EAS systems,
perimeter alarms, locks, doors, etc.) are maintained.
- Work with management to ensure a safe work and store
- Promote and support awareness of store safety standards as they
relate to security and safety procedures (Code Adam, emergency
procedures, downtime boxes, equipment, etc.). Who you are
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills. Strong ability to
disseminate work and manage follow up activities.
- Loss Prevention investigation skills preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems and other
- Strong people management ability.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- State certification required, where applicable.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.This position description
intends to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended
include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties
and responsibilities are listed is not significant.Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced
merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet
and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month
to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions
up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- of the benefits we offer. *For eligible employees
Keywords: Gap Inc., Milpitas , Loss Prevention Lead - Great Mall/Bay Area, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!