Company: Inspur Systems
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Inspur Systems Inc., located in Milpitas, CA, is ranked by
Gartner among the Top 3 largest server manufacturers in the world.
Inspur provides our global customers with data center servers and
storage solutions which are Tier 1 quality and performance, energy
efficient, cost effective and built specific to actual workloads
and data center environments. As a leading total solutions and
services provider, Inspur is capable of providing total solutions
at IaaS, PaaS and SaaS level with high-end servers, mass storage
systems, cloud operating system and information security
technology.We are looking for a Material Planner to join our
Milpitas office, CA. Primary Responsibilities
- Work with Demand Planning group to fully understand MRP
(Materials Requirement Planning) demand and supply needs and
balance those against operational goals including LEAN
- Understand the details of manufacturing processes, translating
those into appropriate supply plans, and executing successfully
against those plans.
- Understand lead times for the parts and the effects to Material
Planning, including the variation of the logistics lead time to
ensure on time supply.
- Understand in depth the technical functionality of MRP process
including the effect of yield factors, safety stock and multiple
sources of demand.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the materials for delivering
time-critical components to support assigned production area and/or
- Plan material requirements from multiple demand sources:
production, service, engineering, re-manufacturing, other
- Work with direct suppliers and Inspur headquarter to establish
the appropriate delivery quantity and frequency for Just In Time
(JIT) delivery and line-side replenishment quantities; coordinate
with Supply Chain Specialist and Logistics as needed, ultimately
ensuring the right quantity at the right time to achieve production
goals (no production line impact).
- Identify system demand and/or BOM issues and resolve inventory
- Using the inbound logistics tools, monitor the supplier
shipments status and define appropriate actions if shipment is out
- Maintain MRP master data parameters to ensure accurate signals
for quantity and dates generated by MRP (i.e., lead times, MOQ's,
lot sizing, and safety stock) to minimize excess.
- Assist in implementing systematic solutions to control
inventory flow, minimize shortages, and maintain accuracy in ERP
- Understand how the Manufacturing BOM (MBOM) is created from the
Engineering BOM (EBOM) and can analyze, audit and propose the
appropriate MBOM structure including option codes and multi-level
structures and types.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Engineering, Change Control, and
Document Control to coordinate Engineering Change Order timing,
targeting minimal obsolescence.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment
involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as
supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, materials and
- Bachelor's degree with 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of computers, MS Office
Suite (i.e. Excel including, but not limited to spreadsheets,
functions and advanced applications)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to
work under pressure required
- Experience with SAP or Oracle preferred
- Familiar with basic processes and logistics of supply
- Fluency in Mandarin would be a big plus
Keywords: Inspur Systems, Milpitas , Material Planner, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!