Company: Flock Safety
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that
empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together
to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy
and mitigating bias in policing with the development of
best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites
civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices
powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our
technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence
in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of
those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that
is optimizing the remote first experience to create strong and fun
relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of
hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive
environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety
is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised
approximately $400M in venture capital including a recent Series E
round by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a $3.5B valuation, Flock is
scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet
our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the
next three years.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
* Install poles of varying lengths per install specifications.
Requires digging a minimum of 8" x 24" holes.
* Assemble, kit, and install various ancillary components and Flock
* Mount solar panels on poles, as well as attaching external
batteries to solar panels
* Affix license-plate reading cameras to poles, angle to capture
* Work on both public and private roads, working often on equipment
* Occasionally working with a bucket truck and/or ladder to work on
equipment up to 30' high.
* Repairing minor breaks in underground irrigation or private
* Adhere to daily schedule by showing up prepared and on time
* Complete work in reasonable time frame
* Provide installation pictures via Flock field app
* Perform work in safe and professional manner
* Meet with customers to discuss installation options and perform
* Communicate effectively with both internal teams and
* Driving (and bringing home daily) a Dodge Promaster 1500 or
similar company vehicle
* Daily inventory management and reporting
* Project coordination between end users and deployment teams
* Clean driving record going back 3 years, and ability to complete
basic background check and drug screening
* This role requires frequent/continuous bending, digging,
reaching, climbing, squatting, sitting, standing, walking, driving,
and independently lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Prior experience with field work is a plus: construction,
security systems, low voltage wiring, or similar.
* Willing to be trained to operate and drive a bucket truck on
* Comfortable working on and around ladders/heights
* Handyman-like experience whether personally or
* Able to think on your feet and while using your hands.
* Time-management and communication skills needed to complete work
efficiently and correctly the first time
* Highly organized
* Desire to work outdoors and comfortable working in all weather
* General affinity for all things tech, and the ability/desire to
learn and work with new software tools.
* Positive and professional demeanor
* Willingness to go outside your comfort zone when the situation
Required Availability: M-F during daylight hours. Overtime is at
times expected and required based on the particular market's ticket
backlog and/or unique requirements. Start and end times will vary
based on time of year (solar constrained) and the workload.
Travel: Expect to regularly travel up to 3 hours away during
service tickets.Occasionally this role will require regular travel
up to 8 hrs away driving in addition to flights. In these
situations, overnight accommodations are provided. Travel
expectations are based on local demand, so the busier the immediate
area is the less outside travel. We do not anticipate the travel
demand for this role to exceed 25%.
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of
passionate, ambitious, intelligent people who are inspired by
building tools that reduce crime without human bias. You'll have
the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high-growth,
mission-driven startup with benefits including:
* We offer more than a market-competitive salary (the budgeted
salary for this role is $62,400)
* Every full-time employee receives substantial equity (stock
options) in the company
* Generous PTO policy and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New
Year's Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July,
Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve,
Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve)
* Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical,
Dental, and Vision
* The use of a well-equipped Flock Safety Sprinter van
* Flock Safety branded uniforms and safety gear
We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and
out of the office. We'd love for you to join us in the fight to
eliminate crime, one community at a time.
Keywords: Flock Safety, Milpitas , Installation Technician, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!