Posted on: March 17, 2023
Our Company: -Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate
alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly
verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. - Launched in
Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the
active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the
Council's (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years.
Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals,
families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to
exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional
information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position: The Service Technician supports the Service
Supervisor and Community Manager by performing various maintenance
duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the
community. They are responsible for handling service requests for
repairs and improvements of vacant apartment homes to a
market-ready status. By working as a team participant, along with
the other maintenance team members, they ensure the community meets
the quality maintenance standards set by the Company.Principal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned work orders generated from resident requests
- Ensure routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source
or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance
with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code
- Complete the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment
homes for leasing and new move-ins. This includes completing the
pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance
work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed,
obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance
tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follow procedures for accessing and obtaining materials,
supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community's
- Track inventory used, returning unused items to the established
location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about
- Complete documentation and other paperwork timely and
accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented
- Assist in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities.
Examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing
breezeways, and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and
painting curbs and signage.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing
rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with
materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools
- May periodically inspect work performed by contractors,
vendors, and other service providers to verify the work, materials
and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as
- Comply with Company's safety and risk-management policies by
attending and participating in the community's routine safety
meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety
related laws and requirements.
- Report accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrate customer services skills by treating residents and
others with respect, answering resident questions, responding
sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and
completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assist in conducting routine and periodic community inspections
to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the community
in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs
of the community to management.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and
ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company,
community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by
immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues appropriately.
- Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and
other resources as needed and/or required.General Overview of
Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to
be -$27.00 annualized/per hour, subject to adjustment based on
business-related factors including -employee qualifications and
- This position will be eligible for company benefits -in
accordance with Company policy. We offer a competitive total
rewards package including medical, dental and vision coverage along
with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401k
Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer
paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We
are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance
and long-term disability insurance. -
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may
be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the
business.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in property management
maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for
refrigerant recycling (Applies to Certified Service
- Must have all certifications as required by State and Local
jurisdictions (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and
must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance
of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment
and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication
skills in order to effectively interact with co-workers, residents,
vendors, and other business contacts. Respond courteously to
questions and requests and stay calm when addressing and resolving
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team
members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions
related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to
define and correct problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing
software.Physical Requirements:This is a position which requires
the Service Technician to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs
in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have
the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend,
stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger
dexterity is necessary.#SB #LI-SB #LI-PMT -
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive
listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself
on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related
condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by
applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group
believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical
to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Keywords: Quarterra, Milpitas , Service Technician, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...