Posted on: May 23, 2023
temp to hireThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Hanani CarlisleAre you
a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $35 - $45 per hourA bit about
us:Great opportunity for a procurement specialist with a great
biotechnology company in Malpitas.Why join us?
- Great team and culture
- hybrid once converted
- strong benefitsJob DetailsProcurement Specialist, focuses on
developing and delivering high-quality, innovative, and affordable
medicine to patients worldwide to treat a range of chronic and
life-threatening diseases with a focus in oncology and autoimmune
diseases.Reporting to finance controller. the Procurement
Specialist purchases, organizes, and oversees activities involved
in the identification and acquisition of products for Specialty
Formulations.Essential FunctionsVendor Relations and Management:
- Develop, maintain and enhance a working relationship between
the company and our suppliers
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the
decision-makers of our top suppliers
- Negotiates prices and get quotation for raw material and
delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or freight companies.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability
to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Engage in sourcing to find alternative or new vendors to
improve quality, cost and/or lead time.
- Regularly poll the sales force and vendor representatives for
opportunities and concernsDuties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative duties, including entering purchase
orders, sending purchase orders to vendors, tracking order status,
applying for pre-payment, assisting PO payment.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, including negotiating
arrangement for return
- Evaluate and offer suggestions to increase results, which
should include better methods, systems and procedures
- Assess vendor quality control, pricing and availability.
- As system admin for Procurify user creation. (until Q1
- Procurement system main user and SME for new system
implementation (SAP MM transfer to Ariba in Q12023)
- Perform other duties as assignedQualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience in purchasing; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Assertive, self-motivated, goal and result driven.
- Proficiency in Excel and Outlook
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience in Ariba & SAP MM
- Mandarin is preferred Preferred:
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong database and computer skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving
- Experience in process improvement
- Experience working with MRP systems, knowledge of the market's
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both
written and verbal
- Proven negotiation skills with ability to create and maintain
positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers,
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
software.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the
"Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Milpitas , Procurement Specialist, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...