Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant
Company: CVS Health Retail
Posted on: September 24, 2022
It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS
Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000
stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales
oriented, Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant who is passionate about
the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be
topnotch. We have partnered with service industry leaders to bring
top-notch beauty services to our customers in-store.
CVS customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share
the latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and
sales. You will be responsible for the end-to-end customer
experience in Beauty & Personal Care and will provide various paid
beauty services and personalized product advice.
Customer Sales Experience
- Seek out customers to ensure they have a world class beauty
- Provide personalized sales service based on customer needs,
productive upselling and suggestive selling.
- Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought
process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your
verbal skills to generate sales.
- Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail
with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket
- Engage all customers with CVS services, Beauty Club programs
and invite customers to in-store events and/or explain current
promotions to close the sale of products and services.
- Represent both the CVS and partner brands when interacting with
customers and uphold the highest standards of service.
- CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are required to provide
ear-piercing services in all stores. Licensed Beauty Sales
Consultants are also required to perform all other applicable
services offered in any location in which they work.
- CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants must successfully pass
assessments of proficiency before performing services in store.
- Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage
and highlighting product features and benefits to help drive
- Manage time effectively between consultations, scheduled
services and walk-in clients.
- Display current and active Cosmetology/Esthetician license
during all working hours in all locations in which they work as
mandated by the state.
- Create and maintain product displays and display special
promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local
- Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or
- Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned
area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene
standards for a positive shopping and service experience.
- Ensure that all CVS sanitation and hazardous waste disposal
policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Complete ongoing sales, brand, and paid service execution
training in a timely manner with CVS and service partners to ensure
knowledge and skills are modern and current.
- Maintain a professional colleague appearance in compliance with
company policies and guidelines at all times.
- Be our customer's Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of
the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty
Why You'll Love Working Here!
- Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry
through brand interaction, training and more.
- Gratis. Everyone loves free samples!
- Aspire to be one of the top Beauty Sales Consultants to earn an
invitation to the annual tradeshow. The day is full of learning,
demonstrations and surprises!
- You will be helping people on their path to better health. When
people feel good about themselves and take care of their beauty
needs, that translates to a positive impact on the rest of their
lives, and you will contribute to this impact!
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for
all positions in the job grade within which this position falls.
The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of
factors, including location.
- Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology/Esthetician
License in the state in which you will be working.
- Must maintain an active Cosmetology/Esthetician license at all
times in the state you are employed and ensure it is present and
displayed during working hours at your work site(s) as mandated by
- CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants must demonstrate the
ability and willingness to perform ear-piercing services in all
stores. Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are also required to
perform all other services offered in any location in which they
- Must pass all required skills assessments and training courses
to fully execute paid service options offered in the store
locations in which you work.
- Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet
sales and beauty service goals
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication
- Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and
quickly learning new procedures.
- Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs
and events as needed.
- Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include
mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and "Peak" Hours
- Nevada Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant applicants must provide
confirmation of a MAKEUP ARTIST REGISTRATION/ THREADER REGISTRATION
issued from the state of Nevada.
- In specific CVS stores, we require bi-lingual beauty advisors
that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior beauty sales experience with a strong passion for
- Stand for extended periods of time and move throughout the
store in order to provide excellent customer service, including
providing services and beauty consulting, and perform other task
work such as stocking and facing product displays and updating
- Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp
objects, including objects on lower shelves.
- Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair
styling, makeup applications, ear piercing).
- Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose:
Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose
guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care
for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at
its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we
deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors--- support this purpose. We want
everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they
play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to
innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal,
convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion
and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal
opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for
which CVS Health provides management services. We do not
discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other
personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: CVS Health Retail, Milpitas , Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant, Sales , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!